Ready to pull the trigger-

geneseohawk

I've been debating between the 590 and 700. I just don't cook enough meat to justify the 700 BUT I love the looks of it better. I like the smoke stack and the silver emblem in the middle of grill. I know it's not about looks, but the 700 is just a better looking grill. Everyone happy with their 590?

BradBQ makes an excellent point that only the OP can answer. I think Geneseohawk will be happy with recteq which ever grill he buys.

BradBQ makes an excellent point that only the OP can answer. I think Geneseohawk will be happy with recteq which ever grill he buys.
I’ve only had my RT-1250 for a little over a week and am so glad I didn’t buy smaller
I also was thinking I didn’t need that much real estate but have no regrets now
Anything smaller would have been a mistake
Bigger is always better

If I read this right, you're asking if it's ok to pay an extra $300 to get a better looking smoker. Doesn't bother me if you do, I paid a few hundred to get my truck in 2 tone.

Looking for pellet recommendations now. I heard Bear Mountain is really good. Looking at their bold blend. Can get for 12.50 a bag. Any other brands that you really like or recommend?

Looking for pellet recommendations now. I heard Bear Mountain is really good. Looking at their bold blend. Can get for 12.50 a bag. Any other brands that you really like or recommend?
I can tell you what not to use! Feel/look at the pellets, and if you see anything that looks like this (roughly 2”), run the other way quickly. I found out the hard way that even good brands can have bad batches 😞
Bigger isn’t always better!

8611607B-3FC1-4229-93B0-6D235F5694B9.jpeg

I know a lot of us really like Lumberjack. Can Typically find it for 8.88/20lb bag and sometimes on sale for 6.88.

I get Bear Mtn @ Tractor Supply for $9.99 for 20 lbs, at least it was last fall if you have one of those around, I've had no issues with it. Used to be able to get LJ for something like $13, but not since Covid hit, no issues with that one either.

Would getting a F250 make sense if a Ranger would handle 99.9% of your hauling tasks :unsure:
We won't mention the extra fuel consumption.

Would getting a F250 make sense if a Ranger would handle 99.9% of your hauling tasks :unsure:
Hey! I resemble that remark! I guess that's why I bought the 1250. (Actually I overbought the F350).

I've tried a LOT of different pellets.

Bear Mountain is my go to brand because 1) They are good pellets, 2) they are cheap, and 3) I can get them easily at TS and it's just down the road. The Gourmet is good for everything, but I like the Bold for most cooks (I grew up in Texas, so Hickory and Oak are kind of my go to profiles). I know a LOT of folks like to smoke with Mesquite, but honestly....that is more of a grilling wood (Again, IMHO).

Lumber Jack are good, but I won't buy anything from Dicks which is the only place that sells them around here. I have to order them online if I want them.

Big R sells GMG pellets, but those are kind of iffy in my book. Some folks love them. They recently started stocking Camp Chef pellets, but I haven't tried those.

Pit Boss works OK, IMHO....but my local walmart ONLY carries the blends.

B&B are really good pellets. I use them sometimes.

I've also used Grillin Pellets and they are pretty. A lot of folks poo-poo the Traeger pellets, but I don't think there is anything wrong with them other than they are WAY overpriced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back