Ready for Winter...

wildblue

This should get me through...

1629073641350.png

Can't tell your brand but the pellets I can see look awfully long which can possibly cause feed problems. This last bag of pit boss I bought have some long pellets in them and twice I've heard the auger break a pellet and it sounded like it got hit with a hammer.

Can't tell your brand but the pellets I can see look awfully long which can possibly cause feed problems. This last bag of pit boss I bought have some long pellets in them and twice I've heard the auger break a pellet and it sounded like it got hit with a hammer.
They're Lumber Jack (800 pounds worth :D ) and from what I've heard, lots of brands are having that problem lately. I've gotten in the habit of dropping a new bag in the floor a few times like you might a bag of ice. One bag of LJ that I got at rural King a few months had some long ones, but they've mostly been ok for me.

LJ is all I use in my 590 and no issues to report. Rural King hard to beat on that price especially when you pick up at the store. I'm down to two bags so will be making the pilgrimage to Huntsville to stock up.

LJ is all I use in my 590 and no issues to report. Rural King hard to beat on that price especially when you pick up at the store. I'm down to two bags so will be making the pilgrimage to Huntsville to stock up.
If you can convince all your friends and family to get a smoker and have the room to store a bunch of pellets, put a bulk buy together (sometimes you can get in on an ongoing one in your area) My problem with my local RK is that I'm at their mercy when it comes to what 'flavors' they have in stock. Buying in bulk I get to pick what I want and save a few $$ even compare to RK prices.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back