Dressed to Kill
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. RT-680
My friend said that he will be visiting the BunnyRanch this weekend. Hopefully, he will bring some back.

Recipes anyone?

Last edited:
Oh, I thought they would be inspected, USDA grade A.
Sorry, but I don’t think you’re going to get the USDA grade A from there. In fact, I think wild hasenpfeffer is always much better quality than store-bought.

When I was a very young boy in Montana, I ate a ton of rabbit. When my brother and I were too young to shoot, my father shot them with a 12 gauge. I still remember the times at the table with shot would hit the plate and make that TINK. Later, my brother and I used 22 rifles to shoot them. These were all wild, cold weather cottontails. It was meat that my father didn't have to buy with his limited military pay.

As you might imagine, I don't put rabbit into the "delicacy" catagory. :ROFLMAO:

When I was a very young boy in Montana, I ate a ton of rabbit. When my brother and I were too young to shoot, my father shot them with a 12 gauge. I still remember the times at the table with shot would hit the plate and make that TINK. Later, my brother and I used 22 rifles to shoot them. These were all wild, cold weather cottontails. It was meat that my father didn't have to buy with his limited military pay.

As you might imagine, I don't put rabbit into the "delicacy" catagory. :ROFLMAO:
Clearly, the wild rabbits are much safer than the ones at the ranch.

But, since @Chris_G can’t snag any wild rabbits, store-bought will have to do 😆
images.jpg

But, since @Chris_G can’t snag any wild rabbits, store-bought will have to do 😆
The Ranch rabbits are predictable and easily caught. Now, the wild rabbit is a whole different story, and some even claim that they're dangerous!

Hey Chris G., I live in Reno, NV and am about 20 miles away from the Bunny Ranch and those other places of ill repute. Make sure he wear a face mask if he's going in to get some tail. It's my understanding that those bunnies are pretty expensive and we're not talking by the pound.

Hey Chris G., I live in Reno, NV and am about 20 miles away from the Bunny Ranch and those other places of ill repute. Make sure he wear a face mask if he's going in to get some tail. It's my understanding that those bunnies are pretty expensive and we're not talking by the pound.
Thank you.

Hey everyone,

Thank you ALL so very much for the constructive help and criticism.

As @IPlayWithMeat mentioned, I am way out of my league with this bunny business and decided it would be in my best interest to move on to a safer creature. Perhaps BEAVER would be something to consider?

For those who have considered eating beaver please see the recipe below:

If you opt to smoke the beaver, go ahead and do so next. Smoke the meat for 1-2 hours over low heat (under 200 degrees). Place the meat in a crockpot or dutch oven and add stock, onion, salt and vinegar. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours until the meat is easily pulled from bone with a fork.

Thanks again and see you all at the beaver dam!

BTW, @chadinsc this may not be the place for WD40

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back