Putting my 700 together. A bit of rust on the inside

shiner

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Anyone have suggestions for how to deal with it?
PXL_20220906_222100704.jpg
PXL_20220906_221953201.jpg

Pics to RT first (quality control purpose), then high heat. For the price of these, something like that should never be able to exit their doors.
Its all about the money these days. No pride in workmanship anymore.

I can agree to the rust in the fire pot but the other has me concerned as it is also on the RTV, that looks more like something was spilled or sprayed.
Either way, remove it the best you can, do the burn-in and cook some greasy food first.

Agree with all above but definietly give me a call. They probably will give you an accessory for this inconvience.

I’d definitely call Recteq and ask where they want the photos sent. Rust like that is completely unacceptable in my book. Giving RT a phone call will establish a relationship with an individual there so that follow-up is ensured. Without the phone call, resolution will depend on who gets assigned to the e-mail, if anyone.

Good luck.

Agreed. Rust unacceptable. I had some forming on inside of lid in less than a year. They said no, blamed grease, environment, yard chemicals, etc. I filled out their customer survey with displeasure and they called and sent me a new lid.

Good luck. Im having this discussion with them right now. Theyre brushing it off as normal.

My lid is rusting and I had to beg to get a new one. My hopper lid is rusting, the sides of my grill are rusting and RT is like "Yea, thats normal"

It is beginning to look more and more like Recteq selling a controlling interest in the company to a venture capital outfit has created a downward slide in product quality and customer service. Sad to see this happen. It’s all about money; the investors’ money, that is.

It is beginning to look more and more like Recteq selling a controlling interest in the company to a venture capital outfit has created a downward slide in product quality and customer service. Sad to see this happen. It’s all about money; the investors’ money, that is.

That may or may not be true. Given that the grills are made in China, Im sure the stainless is suspect. Plus they use 403 stainless which will rust (Probably because its cheaper). 304 would have been a far superior material but it may have been cost prohibitive.

They just don't make them like they used to but they charge you more for less quality, sounds like a recipe for success .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back