Pulled The Trigger

ghuns

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I bought my RT-700 a year ago. It's awesome. But I've been eyeballing the Bullseye for about 6 months to replace my Weber kettle for fast cooks and searing. Reading about the issues some people have been having has made me hold off.

Until today.

Screw it. I need one. The order has been placed. Fingers crossed I get a good one.

My first Gen 2 came from the first batch last June, and I had nothing but problems with it. recteq offered to swap it out, and I brought home #2 in December. I’ve not had any problems with it. I expect they learned a lot from the early ones and got the bugs worked out. Good luck!

I bought my RT-700 a year ago. It's awesome. But I've been eyeballing the Bullseye for about 6 months to replace my Weber kettle for fast cooks and searing. Reading about the issues some people have been having has made me hold off.

Until today.

Screw it. I need one. The order has been placed. Fingers crossed I get a good one.
Learning curve was different with the B380. I use mine for short hot cooks and searing. It is excellent for that. I do not use for lo/slo although I have seen some good results by a few people on YouTube, with briskets and butts. Cook times seem to be shorter since you have essentially direct heat. Can't be beat for searing and steaks and chops, burgers etc. If you do any longer cooks or spatchcocked chicken, I would always us a drip pan with water to avoid grease fires. Also I would adjust the "Offset" (average seems to be +17) before using. You might test it first to see if RT has already corrected the control to compensate for the "offset" error (IMO). Also, consider the GrillGrates sear kit. I use one GG from my 590 with the smooth side up to put the sear on my steaks. Beats the hell out of using charcoal and then the clean up after. Quicker, hotter, less clean up.

Until today.

Congrats on the new purchase. Be sure to share your thoughts about the Bullseye once you've used it a few times @ghuns

I've had mine since December and love it.
Dinner last night was wonderful.

Attachments

• PXL_20210313_003120232.jpg
    PXL_20210313_003120232.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • PXL_20210312_231538250.jpg
    PXL_20210312_231538250.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
Congratulations @ghuns. I’ll be interested to see what you think once you get it set up and cook on it. I’m in the same position you were and need a little nudge to hit the buy button.

As a compliment to one of the smokers there's little in the way of issues really, though I would suggest getting some cast iron grates to replace the stock ones.

For cooking on the low end unless you get lucky you're going to be working with support or adjusting the offset yourself more than likely to get the temps from the built in probe to match up with reality.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back