Pulled Pork for Memorial Day Afternoon

Roaniecowpony

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Pork shoulder on at 4 pm for tomorrow afternoon party. I'm running at 225F. I think it should finish up around 6-8 am. No wrap. I'll wire up the EKG so I don't have to get out of bed to check up on it in the wee hours of the morning.

I'll let it cool an hour or two, then pull it, then tray it, pour some seasoned broth over it and smoke/char the pulled pork to get smoke and rub flavor into the interior of the meat.

20210530_161855.jpg

ekg lol. looks like some good meat! i love cooking pulled pork. here in sc that’s definitely the most popular form of bbq and the crowd favorite. looking forward to updates. have fun smoking

👍 it was great , in a food coma now ....lol

ekg lol. looks like some good meat! i love cooking pulled pork. here in sc that’s definitely the most popular form of bbq and the crowd favorite. looking forward to updates. have fun smoking

We're going to my brother in law's. His wife is...well, anal about "the menu". "Control freak" is the kind term. She bought a tritip that she'll do in the oven. It'll be overcooked and dry. I told my wife I wanted to whip up some mustard sauce and get some apple butter and rolls for sliders. She actually vetoed me! She said something about her sis-in -law being anal about the menu. Guess I'm gonna drink and eat straight pulled pork. I''m bringing some wines I really like. Sometimes I hate going to the family parties where I don't get to control the menu.

Last edited:
my inlaws cook steaks in the oven well done! i feel your pain. once you get used to goo
I shouldn't have talked trash. The husband grilled a pre-seasoned tritip on his gas grill very nicely. It was toward the medium side but still juicy. I brought some slider rolls and sauces. It was nice.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back