Dressed to Kill
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. RT-680
Most of us have read about how great the 3 RPM auger motor upgrade is. Some claim it's the best thing since Saw V. (It's not)
This retrofit has been done with varying results. We have acknowledged the 50% increased pellet rate (2 RPM increased to 3 RPM) and have adjusted the MFR to compensate.

My testing suggests that our 2 RPM auger motors are actually 1.6 RPM auger motors. The increased feed is closer to 100% than 50%
Prove Me Wrong, Please.

Last edited:
Most of us have read about how great the 3 RPM auger motor upgrade is. Some claim it's the best thing since Saw V. (It's not)
Some have even done this retrofit with varying results. We have acknowledged the 50% increased pellet rate (2 RPM increased to 3 RPM) and have adjusted the MFR to compensate.

My testing suggests that our 2 RPM auger motors are actually 1.6 RPM auger motors. The increased feed is closer to 100% than 50%
Prove Me Wrong, Please.

That is very likely... Just got the 3rpm this week and way too green to talk much but after my first experience of almost burning my house down (to my fault) I was limited on initial take. Once I got past that I did a low cook for some time and kept adjusting up in steps. I do have to say I had no real issues noticed. It followed the steps almost instantly and held temps better than expected. Once I got into this stage of cooking I never did open the lid so why I say I'm still green here with my use. More time will tell but so far I am liking it.

One thing I did notice when I stabilized the situation and restarted and went to LO once it got to temp it did a lot of fan cycling but eventually that even seemed to smooth out. Really did not impact temps just the cycling. I don't see it as an issue just more of a change from the behavior of the factory motor. Time will tell.

Grill-3.0.PNG

That is very likely... Just got the 3rpm this week and way too green to talk much but after my first experience of almost burning my house down (to my fault) I was limited on initial take. Once I got past that I did a low cook for some time and kept adjusting up in steps. I do have to say I had no real issues noticed. It followed the steps almost instantly and held temps better than expected. Once I got into this stage of cooking I never did open the lid so why I say I'm still green here with my use. More time will tell but so far I am liking it.

One thing I did notice when I stabilized the situation and restarted and went to LO once it got to temp it did a lot of fan cycling but eventually that even seemed to smooth out. Really did not impact temps just the cycling. I don't see it as an issue just more of a change from the behavior of the factory motor. Time will tell.

View attachment 13438
What app is that. Is that an update???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back