Bull Proper Cord Management

Mastertech59

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My way of cord management, eliminate it when it's not needed.
20201018_133124.jpg
20201018_133535.jpg
20201018_134532.jpg
20201018_134514.jpg

Last edited:
Curious...does this jeopardize your warranty?
I doubt recteq would or legally could void a warrantee for a modification like this, I don't really care one way or the other as it causes no harm to anything on the grill. Someone making a call to recteq might be the best way to get this question answered, feel free to show them my pictures.

In any warranty dispute, the manufacturer must prove that your modification was the sole and proximate cause of the failure of the device.

How long is the cord on the 590 and 700? Getting an outlet put in on the far side of the deck for an RT I’ve yet to order.

Cord storage solved. No more chasing down an extension cord.
Great idea placing the retractable extension cord real at grill. Think I may place one inside my RT-700 Competition Stand. That or the plug on backside of shelf is a super clean setup

In any warranty dispute, the manufacturer must prove that your modification was the sole and proximate cause of the failure of the device.
In theory. The Magnuson-Moss act would have you believe it were this way.

In actual practice, representatives of companies routinely deny warranty coverage of products (automobiles being the most notable) based on their often arbitrary judgement. It is then left to the consumer to "prove" a modification had no affect on the failure of the product.

I like that, where did you find the extension cord and mount?
Home Depot had it on the shelf. I clipped off each end and reversed them with replacement male and female plugs. I don't see it on their site but it was 30' with 16/3 cord. I was a bit worried about the small conductors and voltage drop, but it works flawlessly.

I've wondered about the dangling wire(s) on my RT-700. Is it ok if it gets wet? My RT-700 is under a patio roof, but it was basically raining sideways the other day and I noticed that that dangling wire area was all wet. Anybody know if that's ok or not?

1622051455247.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back