Probes reading different temps and not

Casadetrevino

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Happy Thanksgiving!

I just did a trial run on a turkey breast a couple of weeks ago. I used both probes - one in each breast. They read within a few degrees of each other which I expected and all went well. My notifications were working also.

I am doing a turkey breast again today and was going to only use probe A. I noticed that within 30 mins the temp was already 115°. I went out and put the probe in a different spot but the temp is still very high. I also put probe B in the other side of the breast and it was reading much lower and accurate. Also, my notifications are not working at all.

Anybody else have this issue? Or have any suggestions?

No alerts for temp swings opening the Bull to baste the bird. Android 1.6.3
Same here no alerts on android 1.6.3 today. I just took off a 4# turkey breast for the 2 of us looks like it came out great but not happy with recteq having to baby sit the turkey today.

Last edited:
I smoked some kingfish today and didn’t get any notifications either, using an iphone. Funny thing is I didn't notice it until I read this thread. It was kinda nice.

Same here. I'm using an Android (Samsung Galaxy 9). The app is picking up the grill and probe temperatures, but notifications not working.

I noticed that within 30 mins the temp was already 115°. I went out and put the probe in a different spot but the temp is still very high. I also put probe B in the other side of the breast and it was reading much lower and accurate.
Probe probably not plugged in properly. They insert kinda hard some times. Have also had inaccurate reading from this.

I think it was just how I had the probe in. I reinserted them again and they were reading close.
Thank you all for the tips. They may come in handy in the future.

Regarding your probes, I've had probes of this sort die or give wildly inaccurate readings when water gets into them from washing. I used them for monitoring the temp of mash when making beer, and now am very protective of the area where the probe is crimped around the wire.

JR

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back