RT-1250 Probe issue

Dubs

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. RT-1250
So I am in the middle of a reverse sear steak, I notice that meat temp is way below where it should be. Played with wire it started to go up, left it alone temp went back down, so in went the other probe, all back to normal. Went to the rectec website sold out. I call next week, but are there any other probes that cane be used? Thanks in advance

Check to see if the probe plug on the controller is tight. You’ll get wonky readings if it is loose.

Check to see if the probe plug on the controller is tight. You’ll get wonky readings if it is loose.
Thanks, it is in the wire itself, about a quarter of the way to the probe itself. there was a kink in the wire there, I suspect I might have stretched it a bit.

So I am in the middle of a reverse sear steak, I notice that meat temp is way below where it should be. Played with wire it started to go up, left it alone temp went back down, so in went the other probe, all back to normal. Went to the rectec website sold out. I call next week, but are there any other probes that cane be used? Thanks in advance
These are the ones I use-strain relief, needle point, and much higher quality than the OEM probes.

Even if you buy new probes other then OEM, make sure you call RT and get a replacement probe, which will give you a backup! I have had to replace 2 so far!

So a follow up, the probe was warranty, the person I talked to said they had a few in the back for warranty issues. Well a week later, and my friends were arriving in a day or so I called rt. They are back ordered, won’t be in until August. So I questioned him about what the first guy said, his reply yes we do have a few in the show room, but we can’t use them for warranty purpose. So this is the same company right, reply yes, but we can’t use them, irritated now, he also mentioned the first shouldn’t have said we had some. A+ for warranty, D for knowledge of procedure. Not that big of a deal, just adjusted the meal plan for a work around.

So a follow up, the probe was warranty, the person I talked to said they had a few in the back for warranty issues. Well a week later, and my friends were arriving in a day or so I called rt. They are back ordered, won’t be in until August. So I questioned him about what the first guy said, his reply yes we do have a few in the show room, but we can’t use them for warranty purpose. So this is the same company right, reply yes, but we can’t use them, irritated now, he also mentioned the first shouldn’t have said we had some. A+ for warranty, D for knowledge of procedure. Not that big of a deal, just adjusted the meal plan for a work around.
This is where having a separate temperature probe unit like a ThermoWorks Signals or Smoke saves the day! In fact, the TW Signals is my go-to temperature measuring system. It is a higher quality unit, more accurate and provides more information than the RT probe setup. And, it is much easier to get connected to wi-fi. YMMV

Sorry, I'm late to this thread. Question, why are these better than OEM? What's better about them? Thanks in advance, I'm trying to understand.
The strain relief and the needle point tip make them better than OEM in my opinion, and while this is subjective, they just look better made than the OEM probes. No need to replace the OEM probes if they are working well for you, and recteq would likely gladly replace them under warranty if they are not.

The strain relief and the needle point tip make them better than OEM in my opinion, and while this is subjective, they just look better made than the OEM probes. No need to replace the OEM probes if they are working well for you, and recteq would likely gladly replace them under warranty if they are not.
Probes are not created equally:
1661175029266.png

I did tighten the connector nuts. Now the probes do not plug in easily. I have built control panels for years. Never had a connector collapse on me! Must be real cheap pot metal connectors.

Mark Williams

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back