Bull "Preferred" Pellets

I vote for LumberJack Competition as well. Also like the Hickory

There are many discussions all over this forum in regards to pellet types, brands, preferences, taste, smoke, etc. I tried to do a general sitewide search for Green Mountain and at quick glance didn't see any. Is anybody familiar with their pellets. They claim 100% hardwood with NO fillers....Price wise comes out to be about 72 cents a pound. Not sure availability in a store, but I have never seen them.

Green Mountain Hardwood Pellets

https://www.bbqguys.com/green-mount...atchtype=e&bidmatchtype=be&network=a&device=c

I was getting 40# bags for $30 out the door including the 8.75% local (rape) sales tax, but the local guy I was getting them from (former co-worker) got out of CA and so life got more complicated real fast. I'm kicking tires about becoming a dealer, but their parent company is looking for real storefronts rather than the "garage dealers" of the past.

If you can find Smoke Ring at a decent price, they really are exceptional. Decent smoke, high quality low dust, unbroken pellets, and exceptionally low ash compared to anything else I've tried. I still have a couple hundred pounds of a couple different types in my garage that I picked up so that my buddy didn't have to move them.

Smoke Ring price on places like Amazon is just plain nuts at generally $30 for 20#.
Would you perhaps be referring to a deputy who moved to God's Country at the foot of the Smoky Mountains? I think he was from around Modesto. At any rate, based on another thread and post of yours I have located such a happy refugee and have made him happier (I think) with purchases. Doesn't handle pellets now though as far as I know.

Would you perhaps be referring to a deputy who moved to God's Country at the foot of the Smoky Mountains?
Yes, that would be him. I've continued to order rubs from him online now that he's not sort of local. I used to work with my pellet guy, but he has fled to NV. I too hope to flee to America in the not too distant future.

Chuck has a small retail operation not far from my home. He keeps it pretty well stocked so I think I'll be able to avoid shipping charges. Ask him about this part of the world. Might be worth a look unless you need to stay closer to Cali.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back