Stampede Pork tenderloin

Hamp

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I’m doing a 1.5 pound pork tenderloin. Should I wrap it in foil at some point?

Pork tenderloin is one of those things that will dry out if you cook it low-n-slow, so really no need or opportunity to wrap. You could marinate it, and/or put a little smoke on LO early, but then finish hot & fast.

Reactions: JGW
Pork tenderloin is one of those things that will dry out if you cook it low-n-slow, so really no need or opportunity to wrap. You could marinate it, and/or put a little smoke on LO early, but then finish hot & fast.
Thanks!

Hot and fast being? 350? Thanks.

@DesertRat: There's different opinions and effective methods to grill tenderloin, but for me, it's one of the few things I cook hot & fast on the RT (or I use my charcoal grill). I treat it sorta like thick pork chops. Anywhere between 350-400 F works (I usually go 375), to internal temp around ~145 F, turning a couple times to get an even exterior crust. Takes around 30-40 min or so. Sometimes I'll smoke it on LO for ~25 min first, but not much longer to keep from drying out, then leave it on the grill while cranking to 375 to finish. Hope it works for you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back