Pork Belly Burnt Ends

Eleuthros1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
First time doing these on the Bull! They already smell great!

Attachments

• 20200627_130227.jpg
    20200627_130227.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
  • 20200627_130301.jpg
    20200627_130301.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
My family is already asking what time they'll be done. I had them in the smoke with RT Competition rub at 250 for 3 hours, I just moved them to an aluminum pan, added brown sugar, honey and butter and covered. They'll ride like that at 250 for 2 more hours.

I'm following the recipe from "How to BBQ Right" on YouTube. I haven't found a better one yet.

Yeah, I like Malcom's recipe as well, and use it often. You can kick it up a notch by adding a slash or two of bourbon to the brown sugar/honey/butter part of the cook as well.

Just to close this cook out. I use the same sauce Malcom recommends and let them glaze in that for about 10 minutes.

Amazing results!

My local meat market is closed til Monday and the grocery store didn't have any pork belly or I would have been doing that tomorrow. I'll stop at the meat market Monday.

My local meat market is closed til Monday and the grocery store didn't have any pork belly or I would have been doing that tomorrow. I'll stop at the meat market Monday.
Last weekend my butcher was out too.

Those look so good! Definitely on my list of things to experiment with. Pork belly burnt ends, bacon and simply smoked and savory.

Those look so good! Definitely on my list of things to experiment with. Pork belly burnt ends, bacon and simply smoked and savory.
They're a favorite here. The worst ones I ever made were devoured in no time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back