Pizza Oven Attachment

BethV

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
I've read some posts and it looks like there is a way to use a pizza attachment on the grills. I have the RT-590 and would love to find a pizza attachment. To be honest, I don't even know what a pizza attachment is (I did look on line to get sort of an idea).

Does anyone know of an actual attachment that can be purchased and that works on the grills? We were actually thinking of buying a pizza oven for outside or having one built, but truth be told, I would eat pizza daily and that would not be good for my figure if you know what I mean! I would feel obligated to eat pizza :)

But being able to attach something to the grill that makes good pizza would be fun.

Thanks!

I've read some posts and it looks like there is a way to use a pizza attachment on the grills. I have the RT-590 and would love to find a pizza attachment. To be honest, I don't even know what a pizza attachment is (I did look on line to get sort of an idea).

Does anyone know of an actual attachment that can be purchased and that works on the grills? We were actually thinking of buying a pizza oven for outside or having one built, but truth be told, I would eat pizza daily and that would not be good for my figure if you know what I mean! I would feel obligated to eat pizza :)

But being able to attach something to the grill that makes good pizza would be fun.

Thanks!

Beth, if you're on FB here's a link to a discussion on the 590 Insiders Group; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1535938173216873/search/?q=gmg pizza oven

It appears the GMG insert is back on the market and the poster of the above raves about it. You judge.

Also, if you have a gas grill with rotisserie burner I've got a killer method to share for that as well. Just doesn't fit here normally.

I know two people who have a Camp Chef unit, albeit on stoves, and neither is wowed. They give lukewarm responses like, "it's okay". But then as can be seen by some of the posts, not everyone has the same view of what a quality pizza is.

Beth, if you're on FB here's a link to a discussion on the 590 Insiders Group; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1535938173216873/search/?q=gmg pizza oven

It appears the GMG insert is back on the market and the poster of the above raves about it. You judge.

Also, if you have a gas grill with rotisserie burner I've got a killer method to share for that as well. Just doesn't fit here normally.

I know two people who have a Camp Chef unit, albeit on stoves, and neither is wowed. They give lukewarm responses like, "it's okay". But then as can be seen by some of the posts, not everyone has the same view of what a quality pizza is.
@Uncle Bob, I do have a gas grill with rotisserie burner. Would love to hear your method!

Thanks for the FB link. And good to know about the Camp Chef.

@Gotcha makes some pretty mean looking pizzas on his Bull. I'm waiting on the stone the Greg uses to replace an old stone I had. I guess if you have a stimulus check laying around maybe it would be ok. I enjoy pizza on the grill and now my Bull but I would need to make a lot more to justify (in my mind) the purchase of the pizza maker. Plus it would be another thing in my garage that is already too full.

https://www.rectecforum.com/threads/gregs-world-famous-pizza-dough-no-awards-yet.1025/#post-11330

@Uncle Bob, I do have a gas grill with rotisserie burner. Would love to hear your method!

Thanks for the FB link. And good to know about the Camp Chef.

As with so many methods, it's not something I developed, I stole it from this post: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/f...1461-made-from-scratch-homemade-grilled-pizza
It did take a bit of adjusting to function on my box where it differs from Pat's, but that's all part of the game. I've got a couple posts or three of my outcomes. Here's a pic I don't think I put up there of a parsley pesto sauce, chicken chunk pizza done in the same method.
pizza pars pest.jpg

As with so many methods, it's not something I developed, I stole it from this post: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/f...1461-made-from-scratch-homemade-grilled-pizza
It did take a bit of adjusting to function on my box where it differs from Pat's, but that's all part of the game. I've got a couple posts or three of my outcomes. Here's a pic I don't think I put up there of a parsley pesto sauce, chicken chunk pizza done in the same method.View attachment 4096
That looks amazing!

Thanks!
I use a
Emile Henry Pizza Stone Round 14.5", works well!
My last pizza I made yesterday I just used a screen and was really happy with the results.
Best Greg

Your pizza looks great
My daughter many years ago turned us on to grilled personal pizzas. It's a small 6 to 8 inch pizza grilled with whatever topping you want they are a hit with everyone and the Bull rocks them.
Thanks I am really happy with my 590!
Best Greg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back