Bullseye Pid controller wiring help.

Orangecountysmoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. RT-1250
  4. RT-680
Questions: So recteq pid controller has only 1 male slot connector going to the auger, fan, and ignition but my question is the wiring that is coming from the actual auger, fan and ignition has 2 wires coming out. I need to know how this is wired into 1 female connector for each thing? I hope im not confusing anyone. Reason why I ask is because i have a different brand pellet smoker and i would like to know how to connect this controller onto ther other smoker?

Attachments

• rt-380 schematic.png
    rt-380 schematic.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 434
You are going to need wiring diagrams for both pellet smokers to determine if and/or how to connect the new controller. If this was purely a replacement of the controller in a Recteq unit, it would be pretty simple. But, connecting the controller to a different brand will require tracing down the connections.

And, this assumes that both grills use the same type auger motor, fan and igniter. It could be as simple as tracing some wiring or as complex as re-engineering how the non-Recteq pellet smoker functions. This is kind of akin to putting a Ford transmission into a Chevy. It probably could be done, but it may not be easy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back