Pepper Jack cheese-stuffed burgers...and the cheese did not leak out.

epcotisbest

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
These were quite good. Topped the burgers with creamy coleslaw and A1 sauce.
Sometimes when I do these, the cheese leaks out, but this time it worked just fine. Maybe the trick was a block of pepper jack instead of shredded, I don't know.

Burger.jpg

that looks great. i used to make those alot also. i had a super cheap propane grill i kept in the truck for lunch at work and for hunting it was named sir smokes alot because i never cleaned it and it smoked more than a rt700 on startup! i called them a juicy loosey i would even put pickles in them sometimes. i miss that old hunk of junk grill

that looks great. i used to make those alot also. i had a super cheap propane grill i kept in the truck for lunch at work and for hunting it was named sir smokes alot because i never cleaned it and it smoked more than a rt700 on startup! i called them a juicy loosey i would even put pickles in them sometimes. i miss that old hunk of junk grill

Thanks. These were good. Grilling out of the trunk of the car while at work...impressive.

These were quite good. Topped the burgers with creamy coleslaw and A1 sauce.
Sometimes when I do these, the cheese leaks out, but this time it worked just fine. Maybe the trick was a block of pepper jack instead of shredded, I don't know.

View attachment 11326
I tried this and appears that you're on to something. I used block cheese and it didn't leak out like it normally does. I cooked at 250 till internal temp was 140 then 350 till internal temp was 160.

If you want to see how the experts do it, here’s a great video (spoiler alert- there’s no shredded cheese):

Scrub to time stamp 4:38 for Matt’s Bar and 10:20 for 5-8 Club.

Living here, I’m going to offer up my humble, controversial opinion that 5-8 Club is better than Matt’s. There are more options, less leakage, and let’s face it- size does indeed matter 😉.

If you want to see how the experts do it, here’s a great video (spoiler alert- there’s no shredded cheese):

Scrub to time stamp 4:38 for Matt’s Bar and 10:20 for 5-8 Club.

Living here, I’m going to offer up my humble, controversial opinion that 5-8 Club is better than Matt’s. There are more options, less leakage, and let’s face it- size does indeed matter 😉.
Thanks for the video. I cheated and purchased pre-made burger patties. Added cheese between 2 patties and closed the seam. I then decided to marinade the burgers in teriyaki sauce for about an hour. Should have garnished with pineapple ring but maybe next time.

Yeah, I've been hearing a lot about that size thing :(

Thanks for the video. I cheated and purchased pre-made burger patties. Added cheese between 2 patties and closed the seam. I then decided to marinade the burgers in teriyaki sauce for about an hour. Should have garnished with pineapple ring but maybe next time.

Yeah, I've been hearing a lot about that size thing :(
That burger sounds amazing!
And no frowny faces, @Chris_G. There are a lot of different preferences in burger sizes 🙂.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back