Bull Pellets

cdemot02

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Just ran out from my purchase. What are you guys using, and where are you buying from? I've read some bad reviews on shipping from Amazon.

I've been using Pit Boss for over a yr and have had good luck. I buy them locally from a Bomgaars store tho I understand Walmart carries them.

I’ve been using lumberjack and like them but all I can find locally is competition blend. I went to order oak and hickory from dicks sporting goods last week and realized the shipping cost wasn’t worth it. Looking for something a little smokier.

I was using Lumberjack till the local feed store stopped stocking it, been using Bear Mtn since. They both burn just fine but I get more ash buildup with the Bear Mtn.

Lumberjack from the local Rural Kings in SW Ohio. There’s two RK near me, and interestingly they both stock different varieties.
+2 for lumberjack at RK. Ours in southern Indians stocks oak, hickory, comp, Apple, and pecan.
Also have had good luck with B&B post oak and hickory. Usually pick it up at academy sports when I re-up on meat church rubs

LJ here as well. FYI, they don't flavor their pellets.

Bear Mountain at Tractor Supply
Lumberjack at Dicks
In a pinch, Traeger from, well, everywhere.

I use Traeger and Bear Mountain. I did not like the Lumber Jack as there is a lot more ash then the others i have tried and it is the only pellet I have tried that hasn't been able to get my RT 590 to 500 degrees. Traeger I get at D&B Tractor Supply for 15$ and Bear Mountain I get US foods Chef's Store (Formerly known Food Service Warehouse)

On another note has anyone used the Kingsford? How is the smoke output/Flavor? Will it get the smoker to 500 degrees? What are your thoughts?

I put a bag of Kingsford in the hopper, but it was half full with Bear Mountain, so I just swirled it around a bit and mixed them together. So yes, I tried it, and I didn't (I guess, LOL).

I have been using the Kingsford classic pellets and last week I finally picked up the Pit Boss 40lb bags of competition at Walmart for $15.00
Once I run out of the Kingsford I’m trying these.

I bought 10 bags of Kingsford for my son and me when Lowe’s had them on sale. I’m glad they only gave me 8 bags. The flavor has been fine (nothing special) but way too much ash for me. I like Bear Mountain and Lumberjack. Bear Mountain is the best value in my area. I wish we had a Rural King.

if paying full price you cant beat pit boss competition blend from walmart for 14.99 per 40lbs. its a dang goo affordable pellet. my favorite is actually kingsford cherry and kingsford hickory. i have also used the kingsford signature blend and i prefer the pit boss to the signature blend. lumberjack is a good pellet also, im currently burning a mix of lumberjack oak and kingsford hickory and i think its the best yet.

I really like the Lumberjack comp blend. I get them at Atwood’s for $8.99 and they have all the other LJ choices.

I use Traeger and Bear Mountain. I did not like the Lumber Jack as there is a lot more ash then the others i have tried and it is the only pellet I have tried that hasn't been able to get my RT 590 to 500 degrees. Traeger I get at D&B Tractor Supply for 15$ and Bear Mountain I get US foods Chef's Store (Formerly known Food Service Warehouse)

On another note has anyone used the Kingsford? How is the smoke output/Flavor? Will it get the smoker to 500 degrees? What are your thoughts?
I second the bear mountain which I get at tractor supply for $9.99 but limited selection. Also at Chef’s Store but even less selection. This store however is my go-to for bone-in pork shoulder and ribs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back