Pellet Storage

Hello everyone, I use the pickle buckets from Firehouse Subs, they seal great with a gasket and for 3 dollars that goes to charity, it's a win win.

That's what i will be doing. I love the charity part. When I was a kid working at Bugar Thing people always wanted pickle buckets. My dad still has a few, hehe.

This will be for open bags and blends. Full bags are stored on what's left of the pallet my trailblazer came on.

Those are cool. If we had a Firehouse sub around I'd go that route too, they look a lot nicer then Homer buckets.

Thanks for the info, I called my local FireHouse Sub and they had one available so I went over and got it plus a large Steak sub. win win. It is a really nice bucket and I will be getting a few more. Plus a few more subs. Thanks.

Last night, I happened across this pellet storage contraption that I've never seen before called "The PelletCan". It seems sorta nifty, but they are awful proud of it price-wise. I imagine it may be handy if you do a lot of custom mixing? Not something I'll be purchasing, but thought some of y'all might find it interesting.

Last night, I happened across this pellet storage contraption that I've never seen before called "The PelletCan". It seems sorta nifty, but they are awful proud of it price-wise. I imagine it may be handy if you do a lot of custom mixing? Not something I'll be purchasing, but thought some of y'all might find it interesting.

That's really cool, but for that price it needs to do the cooking too. Or serve me drinks!

Guys with the Firehouse buckets, did you try to do something to eliminate the pickle smell or just throw the pellets in?

I use some 6 gallon gallon buckets with screw on lids that have a seal. They originally contained a feed supplement for my kid's 4-H pigs.

I have one of these for storing dog food and thought it would also be great for pellets...

1601046787868.png

Gamma2 Vittles Vault Outback Airtight Pet Food Storage Container

Guys with the Firehouse buckets, did you try to do something to eliminate the pickle smell or just throw the pellets in?
I am thinking that you cant get the smell out, I do not think it will contaminate the pellets I hope.

I have not noticed issues with smell after I put the pellets into the buckets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back