Stampede Pellet jam?

Moose

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hey y’all. Just picked up a stampede last week, Chixkdn wings, bacon, and top round all great, love it so far. Question- what’s the issue if any with smoking in the rain? Any issues with damage to heh smoker itself? Any lingering issues with pellets getting wet inside the hopper and jamming up the auger? New to the smoker world, just want to make sure I protect my investment. Thanks for your thoughts.

Hey y’all. Just picked up a stampede last week, Chixkdn wings, bacon, and top round all great, love it so far. Question- what’s the issue if any with smoking in the rain? Any issues with damage to heh smoker itself? Any lingering issues with pellets getting wet inside the hopper and jamming up the auger? New to the smoker world, just want to make sure I protect my investment. Thanks for your thoughts.

man, I can’t type

Well, I just got mine yesterday, did the burn in and near the end it began to rain. When the recommended time had passed I cut off the grill with the app. When I returned home I dried off the now cool grill and covered it. Got up at 03:30 to start a brisket, everything started fine, then about an hour in lost all temp. Tore it down and found the auger was moving but not feeding. Shoveled out the hopper and poked around and finally after a 2 hour delay I'm back up and running. Temps are way over but I'll just watch it closely instead of in app. So today I also put up my easy up cover just in case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back