Pellet feed pushing out of fire pot

mattdonovan

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
My wonderful wife bought me a Stampede this past month. I've been working to get it running with little luck. Finally got the fire to start today, but the pellet feed rate filled the fire pot and pushed the fire out of the pot leaving a pile of new pellets. Can anyone help me fix this problem? I assume the feed rate for a certain temp (today was set at 375) needs to be adjusted - but that's purely a guess.

Not sure what’s going on as I have never had that happen. Give customer service a call. If it goes to voice mail leave a message and they will get back to you,

Curious if ignitor is positioned correctly?

Failed ignition will cause this fire pot to over fill with pellets. Possible causes, igniter, fan, pellets, wiring issues or bad controller. I would check the simple things and if nothing is found call recteq.

Last edited:
That is not normal and should work out of the box in any event. I would do as suggested and reach out to the experts.

Billgasser, can't thank you enough! Wings turned out beautifully with our homemade pepper jelly wing sauce.

Attachments

• 20210207_191128.jpg
    20210207_191128.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back