Bull Pellet Brands

painterb

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I'm a newb here, and a newb to pellet grilling in general. Just got a call that my RT-700 will be delivered tomorrow and realized that I need to pickup some pellets before it gets here! I live in a very remote area, but the local grocery store carries Traeger products & pellets. Do these work okay in the 700? Anyone had any issues using this brand of pellets?
Thanks!

I'm a newb here, and a newb to pellet grilling in general. Just got a call that my RT-700 will be delivered tomorrow and realized that I need to pickup some pellets before it gets here! I live in a very remote area, but the local grocery store carries Traeger products & pellets. Do these work okay in the 700? Anyone had any issues using this brand of pellets?
Thanks!

They will work....ok. They are not the best but that is very subjective. Some guys I know swear by them some (myself) don’t really care for them. IMO they are inconsistent in cook temp. They will get the job done.

Ps enjoy your bull! And welcome to the family lots of good information here and outstanding folks!

They will work....ok. They are not the best but that is very subjective. Some guys I know swear by them some (myself) don’t really care for them. IMO they are inconsistent in cook temp. They will get the job done.

Ps enjoy your bull! And welcome to the family lots of good information here and outstanding folks!
Wow, that was quick. Thank you for the response! I'll try them out for the burn in and maybe a couple cooks this weekend. I'm beyond excited for this. I've used a Weber kettle for the past 7 years and it has treated me well but we have little ones at home now who never stop eating and I needed something with more space and something I didn't have to watch quite so much. Thank you!

I've used them and they are fine but I would suggest, when you can, to try a few others that you can find at Lowes or Home Depot such as Pittmaster or Kingsford.
Bear Mountain has been good for me too.
Thank you for the suggestions! I think I'll try them out for now since that's all I have access to right now but I will definitely check out some others once I'm able to.

Thanks!
They should work fine.

If you have a Rural King near by they carry Lumberjack pellets which are a very good brand and recommended by many others, myself included.

Pitmaster and Kingsford both are also other brands to check out, usually located at Home Depot and Lowes.

They should work fine.

If you have a Rural King near by they carry Lumberjack pellets which are a very good brand and recommended by many others, myself included.

Pitmaster and Kingsford both are also other brands to check out, usually located at Home Depot and Lowes.
Awesome! Thank you!

A wide variety of pellets available from Amazon. I get all my pellets from there. Nothing easier.

As others pointed out with various brands and where available the Traeger pellets have been good unless they sit for a while. How do I know? Well the Traeger was useless so for years I had bags laying around and my opened one literally turned to dust.

The pellets are better than the grill for sure. Just don't let them sit. Then again.. with the Bull you won't have a chance to have them laying around long cause ya will be using it daily.

5FD5E8B5-0A78-4BCC-A869-2F49B07B3363.jpeg

258D742C-5796-4E53-95E8-91C03465A099.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks!
I been using Smoke House, the orange bag from Sam’s Club. Zero problem and they are affordable. I did have a auger jam with the blue bag. So I returned those.

As others pointed out with various brands and where available the Traeger pellets have been good unless they sit for a while. How do I know? Well the Traeger was useless so for years I had bags laying around and my opened one literally turned to dust.

The pellets are better than the grill for sure. Just don't let them sit. Then again.. with the Bull you won't have a chance to have them laying around long cause ya will be using it daily.

View attachment 8617

View attachment 8616
These pellet's got wet only good for mulch now.

These pellet's got wet only good for mulch now.

They were stored in a cool dry above ground basement. I was a little surprised when I went to use them but not shocked. They certainly absorbed moisture over time but were never in direct contact with water. They had been stored on a rack for most of their life and maybe had a little time sitting on the floor direct concrete so there is truth to the concrete concerns. I guess it does not take long.

They were stored in a cool dry above ground basement. I was a little surprised when I went to use them but not shocked. They certainly absorbed moisture over time but were never in direct contact with water. They had been stored on a rack for most of their life and maybe had a little time sitting on the floor direct concrete so there is truth to the concrete concerns. I guess it does not take long.
They could have been wet when you bought them, you never know until you open the bag.

They could have been wet when you bought them, you never know until you open the bag.

Possibly.. I really could not use the Traeger to my liking and had tried different pellets before I decided to call it. I did not notice it when the bag was first opened. They were ordered from Traeger directly. I still have a few bags and opened another one since this and it was fine.. even used in the Bull.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back