Trailblazer Peeling lid. Great customer service

Hurtzer

Grill(s) owned
  1. Chuckwagon
Found my lid peeling at the top edge. My grill is about 6 months old. From the reading I had done looked like they don't honor that. I bought rec-tecq because the friends I have said they have the best customer service. Long story short new lid will be here today. Rep said the happens usually when there is a small grease fire. To be honest don't recall that. But any pictures I have seen on line the peeling was in the same place and makes sense. Just an FYI. I am gonna have a friend power cat the old one. There is a coating that work to about 1100 degrees. We shall see. Thanks love the forum!
Grill cover.JPG
Grill cover.JPG

Glad to hear that Recteq took good care of you. That’s the way it is supposed to be, Let us know how the new powder coating works out on the old lid.

Looks just like my lid after my first grease fire. Didn’t think they’d cover it so I never called them. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Wouldn't a spray bottle water put out the grease fire if you see it happening?
You wouldn’t want to ever put water on a grease fire-water will just spread the fire. A fire extinguisher would be the first choice to kill a grease fire, and a box of baking soda would be a close second.

Yeah, grease floats, so hitting burning grease with water only makes the fire travel along with the water.

Clay based cat litter will also work if you have it on hand. Let me re-phrase that...UNUSED clay based cat litter......;)

You wouldn’t want to ever put water on a grease fire-water will just spread the fire. A fire extinguisher would be the first choice to kill a grease fire, and a box of baking soda would be a close second.
It must have had a helluva build up on the drip pan to hold a pool of grease instead of it running into the bucket!!

I was cooking burgers with the searing plates. Pan was foiled and not smooth enough. So fat pooled in the foil. I just took it out and can see how it happened. I never did see the flareup. That is one of the nice things about a smoker is you don't have to stare at the cooking. Salt also works on a grease fire. Not a salt shaker. But like a hand full. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back