Pallet Diamensions

nate77

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Bought the 1250 , and 340/pellet bundle.
It is sitting 43 minutes away from me. Trying to see if I can just go pick it up.

Can I get on a truck 6.5' bed or do I need to take the trailer?

Baaed on this photo it looks like the footprint is similar to the 700 and I brought mine hoe easily in a 5.5’ bed. This bundle is taller and more top heavy so a low trailer may be a better option but a truck bed has plenty of room. You coul even break it down if you wanted.

Good luck.
It arrived early! Now, for the logistics of moving all this around.
View attachment 13326

Ha, I was coming in here to comment and discovered that my pic had already been shared.

My experience with a pallet was that it didn't perfectly fit between the wheel wells in my GMC Sierra. It was just a tad bit too wide. This was NOT the Recteq delivery though.

However, based on my experience with the Recteq bundle, you could easily break it down and load it that way as long as you had some help. The 1250 itself is HEAVY (230ish pounds) while in its box. A friend and I took it out piece by piece and then carried the main part to the back patio. I'd estimate that one part weighed close to 150 lbs.

If you have easy access to a trailer, I'd say take it just to be safe, but maybe still take the 340 / pellets off the top to lower the center of gravity for the drive home.

Bought the 1250 , and 340/pellet bundle.
It is sitting 43 minutes away from me. Trying to see if I can just go pick it up.

Can I get on a truck 6.5' bed or do I need to take the trailer?
Keeping in mind that product can overhang the edges of a pallet by a little bit, the actual pallet that my order came on was 40” x 46.5”.

Let us know how you made out.

I picked up mine with my pick up truck. PLENTY of room. 1/2 ton AT4 standard bed. Did not require removal of trifold tonneau cover.

I was able to go grab it around 2pm yesterday. Took Texas_TL's advice and took the trailer. I didn't break the pallet down , was by myself and didn't know if I could handle it myself.

Just strapped down and went. Got home broke the pallet down. Was able to unload and assemble myself.

I was able to go grab it around 2pm yesterday. Took Texas_TL's advice and took the trailer. I didn't break the pallet down , was by myself and didn't know if I could handle it myself.

Just strapped down and went. Got home broke the pallet down. Was able to unload and assemble myself.
Enjoy!

30 minutes in to the burn off. I have to say the assembly manual is not very good.
They send the hardware in a nice package with labels on top of nuts and washers , but no reference in the manual.

They also send bolts with a #3 Phillips head , and the little screw driver thing they send is #2 Phillips. Wasn't a huge deal to me , but send the right tool for the job!!!

They could have included a gasket or high heat caulk for the smoke stack. I don't see it sealing well metal to metal. But we will see.

The nuts for the side shelf could be welded in place so you don't have to fight to get around the rack channels.

Not sure what the hooks on the back of the hopper are for yet.

Wish either the base was a cabinet, or the competition cart had doors.

Wifi set up was super easy
Overall assembly wasn't terrible
Construction is well done.
I haven't looked in the manual , but there doesn't appear to be a way to empty the hopper , if you would need to.

Love that they found a way to keep the handle cool.

Happy cooking!!

1st cook underway
20211120_124441.jpg

The hooks on the back of the hopper can hold your second rack when not in use.

The easiest way I've found to empty the hopper is to scoop out as much as you can and then use a shop vac. I bought a cheapo Bucket Head vac that clamps on to a 5 gallon bucket that I only use for pellets so I can dump them into a clean bucket for future use.

Enjoy your 1250. I'm using it even more than I thought I would.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back