Outdoor kitchen ideas and implementations?

Well, it has been a while but we have finally found a new home. It has a modest-sized covered patio and I need to start pulling together all the ideas for an outdoor kitchen. Here’s what I’ll have to work with.

1661715382977.jpeg

1661715426894.jpeg

Not sure I want to use the covered patio for more than seating and a table, however. One thought is to add a free-standing covered area alongside the patio and dedicate it to the cooking aspect; pellet grill, gas grill, prep area, etc. Here’s something I saw recently. Note the roller shades on the sides to make it weather resistant if it rains. Rain? In the Pacific Northwest? Yeah; sometimes copious rain!

1661715959315.jpeg

Rather than as a seating area, I’d use something like this to house the grills and associated stuff. We won’t be able to move into the new house until the end of September, so have time to start planning. And, because late fall and winter are not great times to build outdoor amenities, it will likely be spring before anything really gets started.

We used your tuna steak recipe two weeks ago and the wife loved them. Thanks! Enjoy your new home, I'm sure you will make it a cooking paradise :)

That looks nice! We sold our large house with acreage last year and haven't looked back. We are living in a house my wife's parents left us until we plan our next move. It appears to be a similar size to the one you bought and we love the smaller size. It has a small patio and I have my grills there, so my wife is insisting on me getting an outdoor kitchen :ROFLMAO:
Jim, I had thought about the same Pergola or your second picture. I do think it is important to have it close to the house, maybe off of the side of the porch to keep it convenient. Cant wait to see what you do!

That looks nice! We sold our large house with acreage last year and haven't looked back. We are living in a house my wife's parents left us until we plan our next move. It appears to be a similar size to the one you bought and we love the smaller size. It has a small patio and I have my grills there, so my wife is insisting on me getting an outdoor kitchen :ROFLMAO:
Jim, I had thought about the same Pergola or your second picture. I do think it is important to have it close to the house, maybe off of the side of the porch to keep it convenient. Cant wait to see what you do!
Yeah, @Pops, we are downsizing. We’re leaving a 3K sq ft house on 3 acres for a 2K sq ft house on a third-acre lot. A lot less maintenance in our “senior years.” I agree with having a separate structure close to the house and patio. We’ll see where this goes.

This is a rendering of what we are doing. Although, where the couch is, is where the bar/kitchen will be. Waiting for the permits to come back, and we will start. The pergola will have a clear UV protective cover on it to let light in but keep rain out.

1661784342192.png

1661784700887.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back