Ordered my RT 590 today

They'll eventually get it right. And you'll eventually be happy with your grill. At first it's going to be one of those bittersweet moments when you finally grill. That feeling will fade - eventually.

I wonder how these are shipped from China? Are they packed & boxed over there & then shipped complete with contents & banded there? Or do they come in parts & assembled here? There are 2 colors of strapping. The white straps were placed on the box prior to it being on the pallet, then a single green strap through the end of the pallet securing the box to the pallet. 1 single green plastic strap holding a 150 lb smoker to the pallet. The guy on the phone didn't seem to know. All he said is when they fill the order, they band it to a pallet.

Here's how bent the bottom is. Yea- just bend it. Second pic is bent corner to bent corner. There should be no gap & it should lay flat. There's a 1/2" gap.

IMG_3702.JPG

IMG_3707.JPG

The box showed nothing. I just cut straps here & haven't removed any cardboard. Looks like plenty of pallet to protect the corners. This was dropped before it ever was strapped to pallet. I'm betting Recteq is going after the shipper for this, CS is blaming them 100% & that's not right.

IMG_3698.JPG

You never know Estes may have played soccer with it and then restrapped to the pallet at the cross dock. Its unbelievable how many damage stories you hear about. When my bullseye arrived by UPS, it was upside down in the UPS truck. There has to be a better way.

That being said hopefully once settled I hope you enjoy your RT as much as I do.

Estes delivered my 2nd RT590 yesterday. No call, followed someone through the gate & dropped it in the street & we were here! Unpacked & guess what? Damaged again! Now I guess I have to re-pack this one too. Spoke to a supervisor, said to send pics & they would contact me & make it right (again). No one called or emailed me back. They still haven't picked up the 1st 590 (different shipper for deliveries vs pickups). Now what? 3rd times a charm? Same damage on both units.

Last edited:
I'd like to suggest it gets better, but also realize that these are empty words when dealing with these bargain basement shipping hacks. I doubt, but hope that at some point Recteq, LLC realizes that their shippers are their absolute worst enemy in building brand satisfaction.

We all took a big gamble ordering an expensive product sight unseen and expect that it is likely to arrive without drama or damage.

Circling back, I can assure you that almost a year later, I am indeed very happy with my grill, but the first few weeks after, "Checkout Now," was not great.

The third time was a charm for my Bullseye. I had good experiences purchasing two Bulls with no problems so I was willing to give it a third (and would have been final) try on the Bullseye. I asked the supervisor to open and inspect the last unit before they sent it because I wasn’t doing it again if the third one wasn’t right.

I‘m glad I stuck with it but I understand your frustration. I’d encourage you to give it one more try but would certainly understand if you’ve had enough.

Would be awesome if they did "final mile" delivery by RecTeq, and offer a setup service and answer any questions on the grill, etc. I know its a pipe dream as they aren't big enough for final mile and it seems more companies are moving away from in house final mile, looking at you Peloton.

Luckily my grills were not delivered by Estes here in Texas,

Glad you stuck with it and that it worked out. I think you’ll be glad you did. Enjoy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back