Ordered my RT 590 today

Steves55

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Gave up on my new Traeger 575 Pro that ran up to 500 even though I was set to 200. 2 big backfires was enough for me, Cleaned after every smoke, 8 total cooks. Not happy.
Time for something different. I've had other smokers, lump side burners.

Gave up on my new Traeger 575 Pro that ran up to 500 even though I was set to 200. 2 big backfires was enough for me, Cleaned after every smoke, 8 total cooks. Not happy.
Time for something different. I've had other smokers, lump side burners.
I returned a pellet grill after a few cooks and ordered a 590 this weekend as well…

Congrrats on your new Recteq. Welcome to the forum. Great group of people here who always have cooking tips and answer questions you might have.

Keep us updated on what y'all think, they are overall very good grills/smokers and better than most out there IMHO.
I’m sure the holiday threw a monkey wrench in it, but I have heard absolutely nothing from RecTeq yet. Placed my order early Saturday morning.
You would think with them having a pretty big sale, they would have someone monitoring orders and sending courtesy emails out at the minimum.

I’m sure the holiday threw a monkey wrench in it, but I have heard absolutely nothing from RecTeq yet. Placed my order early Saturday morning.
You would think with them having a pretty big sale, they would have someone monitoring orders and sending courtesy emails out at the minimum.
I've got several emails, one to confirm my order & shipping address & that was yesterday.

I've got several emails, one to confirm my order & shipping address & that was yesterday.
Maybe I said that wrong. I did get the order confirmation email immediately after ordering, but that’s just an automatic kinda deal.
I was meaning I would’ve thought they would have someone sending out messages updating status by now or something like that.

Maybe I said that wrong. I did get the order confirmation email immediately after ordering, but that’s just an automatic kinda deal.
I was meaning I would’ve thought they would have someone sending out messages updating status by now or something like that.
I'm betting the whole order process is automated. I got 3 messages since ordering
1. Confirmation with order number & shows paid
2. Thank you for becoming a Recteq insider
3. Thank you for your purchase & asking me to confirm my order contents & shipping address

Welcome! Log into your recteq account. You can see your order status there. Pretty sure they don't have people emailing order status updates.

Welcome! Log into your recteq account. You can see your order status there. Pretty sure they don't have people emailing order status updates.
Oh yeah I know that. Order status just says unfulfilled. All I was saying was I figured they would’ve sent something out saying something in general, maybe not specific to my order. No biggie.

Got a Email this afternoon that my 590 is being prepared for pickup & then will be shipped. Shipper (Estes) will be contacting me soon.

Well, not impressed with Estes for shipping & after a call to Recteq, even less so with their customer service. I'm hoping I caught a guy at the end of the day that was just moody.
My grille was scheduled for delivery Friday by Estes & they set it up as a curbside delivery w/ no signature required. Not by me! I've been on the phone all week with them- explaining this a gated community & you need a pass to get in. My plan was to go fishing today, since the delivery is scheduled for tomorrow- Friday.
I get a text this morning that the delivery will be there within the hour. There's no one there! I get ahold of my wife to drop what she's doing & come home. I'm 2 1/2 hrs away. She calls in a pass & the delivery is at 11am today. I ask my wife to make sure box is not damaged- it looked ok. She asks driver if he would open box & inspect, he won't. I get home about 45 minutes ago & unbox the smoker. I remove everything from inside smoker & will assemble tomorrow- I'm tired. I look down & all 4 corners where legs go are all bent to hell, like it's been dropped. And what's up with the thin crappy cardboard that bears all the weight of this thing. I call Recteq CS & get some guy with major attitude. At first blaming it on me (still on the pallet), then says it's a common issue, he's had 2 of these calls besides me himself. Helloooooooooo. Since I used to ship stuff when I did HVAC, I looked at the damage further. It was clearly damaged before it was strapped on that pallet. The bottom corners have impacted right through the cardboard but no damage on the pallet that extends well past where the damage is. When I told Recteq this, he told me I don't know what I'm talking about, they see this damage all the time. Well, then fix the damn problem if it repeats itself! Then he tells me to just take pliers to it & bend it- even if it chips the paint. Ahhh, no! He says that's what everyone else does. Want to supply a competition cart to hide all that at N/C? Nope, that won't happen. So now they are going to ship another 590 & pick up the other when their shipping dept reviews the photos. So, I wait another 12-14 days....Not happy! Oh, and when I go on Estes tracking, it shows it's still sitting in Riverside awaiting pickup. Taking bets the replacement will have the same damage since they know they have problems shipping this thing.

My 380 bottom of hopper cover was damaged and they sent another immediately. I have ordered 3 590's for self and family without damage, and my 1070 arrived just fine as well. They used a different shipper and they were fine. With the 1070 the trucker helped me unload and check, then carried off the pallet. Hope your second delivery is perfect. I think the 590 is the best bang for the buck. Keep us informed.

My 380 bottom grate was damaged and they sent another immediately. I have ordered 3 590's for self and family without damage, and my 1070 arrived just fine as well. They used a different shipper and they were fine. With the 1070 the trucker helped me unload and check, then carried off the pallet. Hope your second delivery is perfect. I think the 590 is the best bang for the buck. Keep us informed.
Damage is a Recteq issue, not a shipper issue. Guy who delivered it was very nice to my wife, just said he's not allowed to open boxes. None of this is his fault, he goes where he's told. It's Estes that's an issue with scheduling. You can't believe all the conflicting messages I got. The latest is they will have to use a shipper w/ a smaller truck & this will delay my delivery......after they already delivered it! I will be here when they deliver the second one & will open & inspect before they leave.

Unfortunately some grills arrive damaged, sometimes from the factory, sometimes from the shipper. I had two 700s delivered, one perfect and one with a couple tiny scratches where it didn’t matter to me (RecTeq sent me some touch up paint). The first one delivered by Estes was a horrible experience. I finally had to go to the terminal to pick it up. The second one delivered by SAIA went beautifully with no problems at all and great communication.

When I ordered my B380 it took three grills to get it right. The problems were from manufacturing not shipping. I got some attitude from the CS rep until a supervisor got on the line then everything was fine.

The process can be a PIA but for me it was worth it in the end. Hopefully your next delivery goes well and you can get on with the cooks.

Damage is a Recteq issue, not a shipper issue. Guy who delivered it was very nice to my wife, just said he's not allowed to open boxes. None of this is his fault, he goes where he's told. It's Estes that's an issue with scheduling. You can't believe all the conflicting messages I got. The latest is they will have to use a shipper w/ a smaller truck & this will delay my delivery......after they already delivered it! I will be here when they deliver the second one & will open & inspect before they leave.
Hang in there and keep the group posted. You may hear some folks on this forum point at Estes for all your problems, as there have been several horror stories shared about them. It sounds like you have a pretty good sense of things from what you observed. Given the sort of damage you encountered, bending it back sounds like an absolute hell no. Hopefully your 2nd one is much better than the 1st. We have been using our 700 for over two years and are very pleased with it. Bad memories of a horrible first experience will fade, the longer you use the replacement.

I don't seem to have good luck with new smokers. A month ago, I was battling with Traeger on my new 575 Pro exploding. Everyone said how wonderful Traeger's customer service was. It was horrible.

I went with Recteq because everyone says how wonderful their customer service is. I've called them twice so far & got people that must hate their job. So far- horrible. What pisses me off is they know of the problem & ignore it. To be honest- the parts inside the smoker are protected better than the outside of this smoker was. Want to end these problems with bottom damage? Put the bottom in styrofoam to cushion impacts. For such a nice grille, the packing is horrible. I'm actually surprised there wasn't more damage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back