Ordered December 12, still waiting and no ETA in sight (Seattle area)

hawsdog

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Is everyone out here having this same issue? My rt-590 and 200lbs of pellets has been sitting in Reno for almost two weeks and SAIA has stopped updating ETA.

Right now, there are some weather delays affecting shipments, especially to the West Coast. There’s also a shortage of drivers. Living out here in the Pacific Northwest has its advantages, but one of them is not quick shipping, especially in the winter months.

Hang in there.

Yeah, I've been in contact with customer service and they are staying on top of it. Interesting how they don't state anywhere how long shipping is anticipated to take when you are ordering, other than to refer you to the shipping company. The shipping company has transit time at 5 days, but recteq customer service is telling me now that it usually takes 12-15 business days to get to the West Coast. That is way longer than I've read about on here, but that's what they are saying now. Seems like the shipping company shouldn't advertise 5 days in transit from terminal to terminal if that is not even close... Maybe I'm just super spoiled living up here in Amazon land...Still looking forward to getting the rt-590 someday though!!!! :)

I ordered on 12/21 and it arrived in New Mexico today. Estes facility is 1 mile from my work and 6 miles from my house. Estes estimated delivery to my house is anytime in the next 5 days.

I'm in Oregon and ordered my RT1250 on 11/30 and didn't receive it until 12/22. So I think delivery to PNW just takes a long time.

I ordered on 12/21 and it arrived in New Mexico today. Estes facility is 1 mile from my work and 6 miles from my house. Estes estimated delivery to my house is anytime in the next 5 days.
I live in NM too. They local delivery agent did call me to set up a date/time for delivery.

For all of you that have been following with baited breath... After sitting for 10 days in Reno, it took less than two days to get to Seattle once if finally got out of there! I'll be receiving home delivery on Tuesday! :)
Congratulations!

For all of you that have been following with baited breath... After sitting for 10 days in Reno, it took less than two days to get to Seattle once if finally got out of there! I'll be receiving home delivery on Tuesday! :)

Nice.. I'd be chomping at the bit looking to go pick it up for the weekend :)!

I hear ya! But we're heading out camping this weekend, so I'll just wait for the delivery. If we were home this weekend, I'd be at the terminal tomorrow morning!

Oh cool.. must me a bit chilly? Could take it with ya ;)

Sounds like recteq needs to open a west coast branch. Would really help with consistent shipping. 12-15 business days as normal shipping time is just too long in this day and age. And then when there is a weather delay, one month to a major city is just not a sustainable business model.

I'm in Oregon and ordered my RT1250 on 11/30 and didn't receive it until 12/22. So I think delivery to PNW just takes a long time.
I'm in Missouri and ordered the 340 bundle(already have a 1250) and it has had 2 delivery dates so far both are no shows, the latest one was today. Estes is probably the worst delivery company I've ever heard of. My 1250 took 3 tries as well. Finally I had to call and yell at every person I spoke to before they actually delivered it. It shouldn't be that way. The people answering the phone aren't the idiots failing to deliver it but it's the only way to get results. Just do your job please. That's all we are asking. Do what you are paid to do! It has only been 2 weeks so far for me but the infuriating part is that it has failed to be delivered twice. Once I took off work and once the wife did. Totally unacceptable. I hope they can make robots that can deliver crap soon because people cannot do it with any urgency. I'm angry so sorry if my post is a bit extreme.

Estes takes a lot of the Christmas morning joy out of the experience.
What should be 😁 ends up being 😐.

If it helps in a misery loves company kinda way - I was about 30 emails and many phone calls before things were right with my order. 2 grills, 3 carts and a cost adjustment.

Estes takes a lot of the Christmas morning joy out of the experience.
What should be 😁 ends up being 😐.

If it helps in a misery loves company kinda way - I was about 30 emails and many phone calls before things were right with my order. 2 grills, 3 carts and a cost adjustment.
Yeah I have learned that if I want something next time no matter what company just go pick it up yourself. Also I know people say that the ones who complain are the minority but I'm not so sure. Atleast not in my area. Happened to me twice. Wtfudge man.

I think it depends on the scheduler at an individual terminal; some are good and some are awful. It probably also depends on how many LTL drops are going to your area at a given time; they may be gathering up a full trailer load. It is not what we’d like to see, but if we were running a freight terminal, it might be the way we’d do it as well.

I’ve had two RT grills delivered here at the house. The Estes terminal is about 75 miles from me and they still managed to make the deliveries in a timely manner with good notification. Fortunately, I had the same driver both times and he was great about rolling the pallets down my long, paved driveway on a pallet jack and dropping them right next to my garage door.

Like I said, I think it all depends on the people doing the scheduling at the destination terminal.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back