Ordered brisket at a BBQ restaurant and this is what they served

hallsofmontezuma

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
IMG_6279.jpeg

Haven't seen that one before. That's a first for me.

I've seen it chopped into small enough bits and drenched in so much sauce you needed a spoon, just to cover up serving yesterday's dry ass brisket.

I ordered pulled pork at a little place in GA one time and what they brought was simply some meat that appeared to be boiled then chopped up with some sauce on top. It had never been anywhere near a smoker. Never went in there again.

I’ve also gotten brisket sliced the wrong way, at a place that’s normally very good. It actually happened a few times.

I finally complained to the owners, they completely understand and were very frustrated. Good staff is really hard to find. Not everyone who works in s bbq place is as passionate about it as we are, sometimes it’s just a job/paycheck.

I’ve also gotten brisket sliced the wrong way, at a place that’s normally very good. It actually happened a few times.

I finally complained to the owners, they completely understand and were very frustrated. Good staff is really hard to find. Not everyone who works in s bbq place is as passionate about it as we are, sometimes it’s just a job/paycheck.
I've had trouble in my business finding good employees at times, but we've always done our job.
A BBQ place serving this is like buying a car with wooden square tires, because the tire supplier was having a hard time finding good workers. It's kinda sorta -and maybe even mostly- what I ordered, but wrong enough that it's pretty much worthless.
If you can't make it work with the employees you can get, you need to go out of business in favor of those who can.

If you can't make it work with the employees you can get, you need to go out of business in favor of those who can.

Sure, in theory, but sometimes it's just a rough patch and you need to work to fix it. They did, and it's been fine for some time. It would have been ridiculous to close up shop for a minor issue that took them a few months to fix.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HunterC
Back