Ordered an RT-700 last night...

OPIEWFFW

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So I finally committed and bought a Bull. I have been obsessed with getting a pellet smoker for the last few years. I came dangerously close to pulling the trigger on a Traeger Timberline 1300 a few times before I learned about RecTeq. After having talked to a few owners of both, I definitely think I put my money on the right pony with the 700. My friend has the 590 and is fanatical about the damn thing. Sent me down the rabbit hole researching and comparing grills. So, now the waiting game starts. I ordered it last night. Hopefully the freight company calls me soon. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.

I couldn't imagine you not being happy with the Bull. Mine is still running strong, and without issues now for its third year on my exposed deck. You'll want to add the Bullseye to complete the package, and will likely use it more. They both compliment each other and can cook, grill, bake, smoke, sear anything you can think up with this combo. I keep one of them lit most days.

With the Bull, overnight briskets and pulled pork cooks can become your signature meats you are known for. Ask me how I know this. The Bull turns my 17-hour pulled pork smokes into and easy task with the App and its alarm and notification features. I sleep like a baby during these long cooks. Enjoy!

I couldn't imagine you not being happy with the Bull. Mine is still running strong, and without issues now for its third year on my exposed deck. You'll want to add the Bullseye to complete the package, and will likely use it more. They both compliment each other and can cook, grill, bake, smoke, sear anything you can think up with this combo. I keep one of them lit most days.

With the Bull, overnight briskets and pulled pork cooks can become your signature meats you are known for. Ask me how I know this. The Bull turns my 17-hour pulled pork smokes into and easy task with the App and its alarm and notification features. I sleep like a baby during these long cooks. Enjoy!
I am absolutely considering getting a Bullseye. I ordered it Sunday, and am currently waiting a tracking number. I wasn't this excited when I bought any of my last 5 Harleys. Can't get here soon enough!

I am absolutely considering getting a Bullseye. I ordered it Sunday, and am currently waiting a tracking number. I wasn't this excited when I bought any of my last 5 Harleys. Can't get here soon enough!
I'll trade you a Bullseye for a Harley 🤣

I'll one up it! I'll trade you a Bull for a Harley :)

Seriously.. you made the right choice. I don't want to waste your time here on my experience. You are smarter than me.. let's just say that.

Enjoy & post pics when she arrives and your first cook! Congrats

Welcome OPIE, a newbie here myself. Got a 590 a few weeks ago and smoking my first pork butt on Saturday for Easter Sunday with the fam.

You're gonna love your RT700. I bought mine last spring as a retirement gift to myself. The tundra is thawed up here and I'll be cranking her up shortly. Overnight smokes are the best!

Welcome to the world of RecTec
We've had our Bull for a few months now, and I don't think it's been off for more than a couple days (in a row) at any given time .... no matter the weather !
We Sear / Smoked a few Rib Eye last night
Will bake a few Pizzas this afternoon
And the Brisket is in the Frig, seasoned and waiting to be started tonight
Hope you receive your Grill soon, so you can " get to cookin' "

20210405_115329.jpg

Just showed up. Now the question: what to cook first? I see a lot of people saying chicken thighs, which I'm not crazy about. Also, I have two bags of pellets. Recteq ultimate blend and bear mountain gourmet blend, any preferences?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back