Notifications and Temperature History Dead?

I wonder if reqtec has thought about charging for the remote temperature monitoring. I have some old Arlo 2 cameras and I want to upgrade them but all the newer cameras make you pay a monthly fee for cloud storage which is still free on my model. I completely agree with fried engineer we should have a local option for temperature monitoring. I have to imagine the software in our units is probably written to send everything to the cloud currently so it would probably be a big overhaul to change this to a local option too.

Don’t understand why they don’t use a web hosting service that can scale. Amazon Web Services and other options are pretty common.

I'd emailed recteq support about it when I posted originally (I didn't know what was going on), and they just called me. They said improving efficiency of the app and servers is a top focus....I'll believe it when I see it.

My research just on these forums says yes.

I'll happily accept one! Shoot me a PM and I'll get you my address.

If you meant I should buy one, I completely disagree. I shouldn't have to spend $200+ on a 3rd party addition for the basic features that were supposed to be included. I'm not asking for MORE than they advertised, I'm asking for exactly what they advertised and it is unacceptable to me to accept anything less.
@ Fried Engineer: I've witnessed enough angry posts in past YEARS to know you ain't the first to insist this problem is unacceptable. Furthermore, you ain't gonna get what you paid for. It is not their focus and they are blowing smoke up your tailpipe. EspecialIy since they sold their souls to an outside investment group this year. Cease listening to what they say, observe what they do and their position becomes crystal clear. If your grill is less than 30 days old, you can return it for a refund. If not, you are screwed like the rest of us. Look at the bright side, it works as advertised 355 of 365 days each year!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back