Stampede Not able to control grill using Wifi

Cirhere

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Lost WIFI the other day have gotten it hooked up ok but its not working like it did before
I can turn on and off and set temps but it does not send me notifications like
Grill is cooling down or
Grill is within 10 degrees of set temp

If you can turn it on and off and set the temperature, then your WiFi is connected. In recent months we've seen the notifications get delayed or not happen at all. My guess is some issues with the server(s) on RT's end of things.

I'm in the same boat for this cook. No alarms or temperature chart data.

I uninstalled the app and re-installed now chart data is working?

Same boat too. I have temp., chart and probe data but no notifications. First time I have had this issue, so might be on RT side.
Yeah, I was sort of thinking the same with it being a holiday.

Come to think of it, I didn't get any notifications today when I was smoking ribs. 🤔

Come to think of it, I didn't get any notifications today when I was smoking ribs. 🤔
Wish I had known about this sooner... just cost me a ham. No idea if it's going to be edible or not but I'm not optimistic since the desire temp was 140 and it ended up in the 170's since I was waiting for a notification.

This BS happening on the holidays where RecTeq claims these server-side outages are a result of excessive traffic needs to stop. They need to stop being cheap skates and bolster their AWS level to adequately prepare for holidays.

I'm sure my guests are going to LOVE this overcooked ham. :mad:

Yup.. almost ruined my Ribeyes today... no notifications. Good thing I checked it when I did. A few more and it would have been overcooked. Close call..

Good thing I'm constantly looking at the app, eh? Though with ribs, its more about time than temp since I've been doing the 3-2-1 method for the past couple of cooks.

Wish I had known about this sooner... just cost me a ham. No idea if it's going to be edible or not but I'm not optimistic since the desire temp was 140 and it ended up in the 170's since I was waiting for a notification.

This BS happening on the holidays where RecTeq claims these server-side outages are a result of excessive traffic needs to stop. They need to stop being cheap skates and bolster their AWS level to adequately prepare for holidays.

I'm sure my guests are going to LOVE this overcooked ham. :mad:
I had the same thing happen with my brisket cook.

Yeah I have been having the same issue lately as well. As far as what the app shows seems to be up to date and I can get by watching that or checking frequently. In once case I got all the alerts a few hours later in a flood. Kind of sucks hopefully they will fix it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back