Stampede nonrecteq 590 cover suggestions

I have been using the cover from my old Louisiana Grills 900. Not sure what is happening over at LG but not much to choose from any more. I think Danson pretty much moved totally to Pit Boss.

You might want to have a look at the covers at the Pit Boss site. The LG cover has been very durable on the LG and now the RT-590

I purchased hte Unicook 65 inch for my RT700 on amazon. It is a great cover and it goes on sale frequently. Sides are vented to help prevent condensation from building up and rusting the smoker.

I think the cover can actually trap moisture and cause more problems than it cures.
I have a cover for my 700, I NEVER use it.
Grill gets a bit more dirty from sitting out but she ain't rusting and I live 6 blocks from salt water
and over 50" of rain a year.
It is under a covered porch but still gets wet.

Thanks for the suggestions. Bit the bullet and bought RecTeq covers for my 590 and 380. We'll see.

I would head for Home Depot and buy the large generic cover. It’s real heavy and all you have to do is protect the sharp corners on the lid on your hopper. There’s a lot of ways to tape up and make those corners less like knives to poke a hole in your cover. It’s heavy duty, and from what I read here, I don’t know any better, it’s much heavier duty than the Recteq cover.

For a universal cover, I would call it a near perfect fit/match for the 590.

Unicook Grill Cover 50 Inch - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0899ZXPHH?th=1

42575.jpeg

42576.jpeg

I must have lucked out. Mine hasn't faded (gets the afternoon sun) and seems water tight, from what I can tell. I wonder if it's not made the same anymore? Got mine in late 2020.

Just purchased a Classics Accessory Ravenna cover on Amazon. It fits well, is water proof, fades very little and I have used the same brand on my Weber propane grill for years. It is currently on sale for only $39.97 size 44"L x 22"W x 22"H.

20221219_155908.jpg
Screenshot_20221219-161350_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back