Stampede NON phone start??

Dan99

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi All This morning I tried to start my 590 from the phone app inside my house it was a NO go..I kept swiping to right with NO luck. Outside it started with no problems and is working good right now..Any one have this problem? I have the 590 on Low Extreme smoke setting and the actual temp is reading 223? Why does it go past 180 setting?
Thanks Dan
PS The smoker did show a solid red light, so the connection was there.

Last edited:
What does "swiping to the right" mean? Is it an Iphone?

FWIW, my 340 would not connect late last night when I started a butt. I suspect it was due a power outage we had since the last cook. Due to the time, 22:00, I didn't try moving the smoker closer to the router but went with plan B, the Thermopro.

Hi The connection wasn't the problem. Solid red light ment the WiFi connection was good.I was able to start the 590 outside.
Dan

Turning the grill on or off in the app involves sliding the control to one side. That's to help avoid people accidentally turning on their grill.

Dan, I don't know if it's related but I experienced delays in getting temperature notifications yesterday. It's possible the web server involved in the grill controls is having some issues.

FWIW, my 340 would not connect late last night when I started a butt. I suspect it was due a power outage we had since the last cook. Due to the time, 22:00, I didn't try moving the smoker closer to the router but went with plan B, the Thermopro.

My bad. Bought a new phone, loaded the RT app and the 340 showed up on the screen so I figured it was all set. Not quite, you need to add the grill even though you see it on the screen.

Hi Every thing worked OK once I manually started the smoker outside..I could then change temps from inside.? Had some trouble with the swiping when I when to shut it off inside..
Thanks Dan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back