Stampede No smoke coming out

Armando

New to smoking with the pellet grill and currently smoking a Boston butt, but I’m not getting g any smoke at all coming out. I mean none. Is this normal?
What setting create more smoke. I have mine at 225f

New to smoking with the pellet grill and currently smoking a Boston butt, but I’m not getting g any smoke at all coming out. I mean none. Is this normal?
The lower temps produce more smoke. Lower the temperature to 200 or "LO". Also, another brand of pellet may produce more smoke.

A digital thermometer inside cook chamber to verify actual temp ? ? ?
Maybe running hotter than temp indicating. As mentioned, smoke tube. I use on just about all cooks. 6" tube buys you about 2-3 hrs additional smoke

A digital thermometer inside cook chamber to verify actual temp ? ? ?
Maybe running hotter than temp indicating. As mentioned, smoke tube. I use on just about all cooks. 6" tube buys you about 2-3 hrs additional smoke
I've been using a 6" tube and have gotten years of smoke. YMMV!

Yes lowered it to 210 and getting some smoke comes and goes. Not used tok pellet smoking.
I will consider the tube once i see how this comes out. What brand pellets you all use or seem to favor?

I’ve had good luck with Pit Boss pellets. Recently I used Weber brand and it seemed good too. Also, if you’re used to a stick burner then you’ll be disappointed with the amount of smoke from a pellet grill. As others mentioned, you can add a smoke tube and that helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back