Rubs No Salt - BBQ Rub Great on Ribs and Chicken & Fish

Gotcha

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Here is my go to rub for Ribs, Chicken and Fish. You will note that I don't have salt in the mixture. What I like to do is add salt before and then the rub, this way I can control the amount of salt. Also by grinding the sugars you will find that it will not clump without adding anything that is not natural to the rub.

Makes 1 ½ cups

Ingredients:

½ cup Domino Sugar Pourable Brown Sugar (Brownulated Light Brown Sugar)
½ cup Raw Sugar in the Raw Turbinado Cane Sugar (ground fine in a coffee grinder 3 seconds or so)
8 t onion powder
8 t granulated garlic powder
4 t smoked Spanish paprika
2 t ground mustard
2 t cinnamon
4 t New Mexico Chile powder
4 t ground black pepper

Directions:

Grind the Turbinado sugar and then add all ingredients into a food processor and mix until well blended. You can also just mix by hand once you have ground the Turbinado sugar. Remove and place in an airtight container.

Note: This is my new all spice rub for pork, fish and chicken (lower in sugar and no salt).

New Mexico Chile powder is made up purely of dried chiles (as opposed to standard “chili powder,” which is actually a mix of ground chiles with several spices like oregano, garlic powder, and cumin. It has a moderate heat level with earthy and fruity undertones.

Best Greg

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 89
There are so many great rubs you can buy, but making your own you know what is in it!
Best Greg

Here is my go to rub for Ribs, Chicken and Fish. You will note that I don't have salt in the mixture. What I like to do is add salt before and then the rub, this way I can control the amount of salt. Also by grinding the sugars you will find that it will not clump without adding anything that is not natural to the rub.

Makes 1 ½ cups

Ingredients:

½ cup Domino Sugar Pourable Brown Sugar (Brownulated Light Brown Sugar)
½ cup Raw Sugar in the Raw Turbinado Cane Sugar (ground fine in a coffee grinder 3 seconds or so)
8 t onion powder
8 t granulated garlic powder
4 t smoked Spanish paprika
2 t ground mustard
2 t cinnamon
4 t New Mexico Chile powder
4 t ground black pepper

Directions:

Grind the Turbinado sugar and then add all ingredients into a food processor and mix until well blended. You can also just mix by hand once you have ground the Turbinado sugar. Remove and place in an airtight container.

Note: This is my new all spice rub for pork, fish and chicken (lower in sugar and no salt).

New Mexico Chile powder is made up purely of dried chiles (as opposed to standard “chili powder,” which is actually a mix of ground chiles with several spices like oregano, garlic powder, and cumin. It has a moderate heat level with earthy and fruity undertones.

Best Greg
You are reading my thoughts! My mix is very close to yours. No cinnamon or NM chili and I add honey powder in place of turbinado. I hate the commercial ribs are so salty.

You are reading my thoughts! My mix is very close to yours. No cinnamon or NM chili and I add honey powder in place of turbinado. I hate the commercial ribs are so salty.
Never thought about Honey Powder, that's a great idea.
Greg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRG
Back