Bull No bull with this new bull

Ahi

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
RT700 just arrived yesterday. I assembled it with my 9yr old daughter helping and my toddler son running away with the nuts and bolts. I read the threads here before I ordered so I bought the front shelf, grill grates, second cooking grate, as well as the BFG 3rpm auger. I also put that high temp lava felt tape around the lid. My wife asked what the function of the tape was and all I could tell her was that it was for looks and I received the eye roll of shame 🙄. She even went as far as saying that the smoke discoloration only adds to the charm like the patina of an old truck. I almost had to turn in my “man card” but I thought that there is also something to be said in washing a new truck 😉

swapping out the auger motor turned out to be simpler than I thought. There is no longer a shear bolt, just a cotter pin. Pull the pin and the motor slips off the shaft easily. Spin the fan blade clockwise until the holes align and slip the cotter pin in and you are in business.

I did the initial burn off and screwed up by putting the grill grates in the bull not reading until later not to do that. They looked fine so it probably isn’t an issue at 400 degrees.

All of that to say, that there is no bull with the bull. This thing is serious. I’m keeping the Weber kettle for camp fires on the deck and because I can’t bear to part with it…and because it is easy to move, and portability still has its place. Very impressed and can’t wait to actually cook something in it!
With this bad boy sitting on my deck, it actually looks like I know what I’m doing!

The tape keeps it clean from smoke residue, but more importanly to me, keeps the drips from developing on the bottom. The "patina" from smoke is nice. Nasty drips of condensate mixed with soot and creosote just look bad imho.

Enjoy!

I’m glad I’m not the only one that their kids take the nuts and bolts 😂. Glad you got it all together. I kept my Weber also

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back