Newbies-Things I have learned about the NCAA Tournament and my RecTeq

Pops

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Good afternoon, I wanted to share a few things I have learned over the last week with the NCAA tournament and my new Recteq.

Like many others this last year has been difficult, exhausting and painful for many of us. I own my own business and I can tell you it has been tough, but others have had it worse than me so I try to always be grateful.

I quit listening to the news a year ago as much as possible as it is depressing and not of much use. So I turned to listening to sports talk. It was easy for me as my son is a Junior at Clemson University. Anyway, I have made a habit of listening to all things College Football, until the end of the year, which was difficult for a Clemson fan as well.

Anyway, I have done my best to listen to College Basketball, I am not a big basketball guy but again, it is much better than the alternative. All this to say that I filled out my FIRST NCAA March Madness bracket last Monday. It has been a blast and I have had so much fun, so here is what I have learned!

Like I said, I have never watched or picked an NCAA tournament bracket. I gave it a shot. I read up, listened to the pros and did my best. I have learned that percentages don't matter in the tournament. I could have thrown darts and done as well as most analyst. However I did call in some local and national shows and they were happy to share their thoughts and give me any insight they could! They were all kind, gracious and excited about having the tournament after last year! Lesson is listen to all, read up and in the end you make your choices.

Just like the tournament, I was nervous about the Recteq, I am a novice griller with little experince and I have been disappointed with most grills I have owned. Not only were the instructions poor, but there was no customer service and certainly no community. Well I received my grill Friday, I have been on the forum, talking and everyone is super helpful and supportive. I burned it in today and made some burgers tonight. Basic, simple and they were great. While not a brisket, it was a huge success for me as I have failed many times before. It was easy and the burgers were great and I did not have to analogize to my wife!

All this to say as a Newbie, You don't have to know everything or have a ton of experience to enjoy the NCAA tournament or a grill like Recteq! I have had a blast this week! Don't be concerned about how good you are, what you don't know, or past issues, just be willing to give it a shot and you will have move fun that you know what to do with! I am glad I chose Recteq and am looking forward to many more successful cooks!

P.S. Sorry I didn't take pics first, but we were hungry, there were 6 burgers and and onion! Cooked on full with the grill grates for 4 minutes each side. They were great, going to try flat side next.

P.S.S Burgers were much better than the photo, will work on that!

Power to the Newbies and Beginners! Grill On! Thanks to the Recteq community for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_3320.JPG
    IMG_3320.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
The burgers look great. You are so right, if your not enjoy BBQing you are doing something wrong.
Beat of luck with your bracket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back