The 340 was delivered and set with Wi-Fi connected. I’m doing the initial burn in. Is a little smoke around the lid common?
Yep! If you add some LavaLock gasket material, it will cut the smoke leakage significantly. I didn’t do it on mine, but others seem obsessed with a little smoke leakage. YMMV

My first cook on my new 340. I cooked chicken thighs and a packet of potatoes. Chicken was tender and juicy. Probe was right on with my handheld. Meal couldn’t have turned out any better. It was so nice just to sit in my chair and watch tv while watching the meal cook on the app. I also installed a front folding table yesterday. As for the table it was

DBC54554-C82F-462E-98F6-E5F4BB6765F5.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking good! When you have a chance, can you provide a little more detail (photos would be great) on the front shelf install? I like what I can see from the limited view in your cook photo.

Looking good! When you have a chance, can you provide a little more detail (photos would be great) on the front shelf install? I like what I can see from the limited view in your cook photo.
I bought a stair tread from Home Depot and the brackets from the jungle. It was real easy to put on.

8664C95A-6B61-47BE-B875-F9B18AD54F93.jpeg

5119E642-F380-4E80-BE9E-BCBDC65F2CC3.jpeg

I have a 590 so can’t comment on your 340. But I chime in just to say that should you have a problem, Recteq Support, and Bobby comes to mind, has been great the two or three times I’ve needed help.

I bought some from Recteq about a year ago when I bought my second RT-340. They were not listed anywhere on the RT website, but when I called them, I was told they were still available. For anyone considering adding the vent covers, I strongly suggest calling RT and asking about the availability.
Could anyone that has the vents installed post a pic of what they look like? How do they attach to the grill?

Thanks!

I have had my 340 for a couple of years now. I remain a happy user. There were a few QC issues with my unit when it arrived but the RecTeq customer service folks cleared them up quickly and to my satisfaction.

I bought this unit because I have an excellent gas grill as well and do not need another larger BBQ. The two compliment each other very well. I have found that I tend to use my 340 mainly for spatchcocked chicken, ribs and pizza. Most of the beef ends up on the gas grill. I have never tried a brisket or pork roast, Many smoker users rave about how these devices work with those cuts of meat. I will get to this one of these days.

One thing that I learned over the holidays last year is that the 340 is not large enough to handle a typical turkey or ham. This was disappointing but it does not reduce my overall satisfaction with this product.

I think the "wind vents" that were available for the 590 and maybe 340 are what we are talking about.

They do prevent rain from going directly into the barrel but they also cut down on wind messing w/ your temp.

Could anyone that has the vents installed post a pic of what they look like? How do they attach to the grill?

Thanks!
@JimB, here are the vent covers installed on my RT-340, along with a close-up of the vent with the install tabs. The two tabs slide under the hood while the single tab gets folded back under to secure the cover in place. Some folks also use hi-temp silicone sealer to further seal them in place.

Vents-1.jpg

Vents-2.jpg

Last edited:
Trying my luck at baby back ribs this today. I put them on @ 8:30 at 225 and plan in wrap at 11:30. Spritzing every .45 or so with Apple juice

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back