New to the forum

Congratulations I'm sure you're anxious to get your new grill, enjoy!

Just wanted to say hi. New to this forum. Hoping to be part of the fun. Just purchased the RT-700. Should show up next Monday. I have a lot to learn.
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the family.
We are all learning all the time. There are a bunch of very knowledgeable people here, grab a beer, pull up a chair and enjoy the ride.

Thanks for the kind replies. I have ordered some books and plan on hopefully being a contributor as time goes on. My first cook is going to be pastrami and a New York roast. And also elk and Canada goose snack sticks. I already have a great recipe for the sticks, just looking forward to doing them on the bull rather than with the dehydrator.
20200330_150136.jpg
20201228_180602.jpg
20200330_145402.jpg

Awesome Congrats.. you will love the Bull.

Canada Goose? What?

Prime New York roast and pastrami go on the bull tomorrow (Sunday). Monday a whole pork belly goes on for some good ol' american bacon.
Hello and welcome!

Prime New York roast and pastrami go on the bull tomorrow (Sunday). Monday a whole pork belly goes on for some good ol' american bacon.

You are planning to do the whole pork belly with no cutting up? Please do take some pics. I just just did burnt ends and still have 1/2 left of the belly.

Yes, but I may cut it in half to speed up bringing it to temperature. It is in it last leg of the brine where I added brown sugar and maple syrup and a curing salt spike for the last 24 hours.

Welcome from SC!

Reactions: NBK

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back