Stampede New to Rec-Teq

geauxfish24

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi All,

Just got my 590 in and setup today. Did my burn in and had it get to 400 then go down to 350 and backup to 400 in about a total of an 1hr and 15 mins....is that normal?

@geauxfish24 welcome. I have read about several people on this forum who have had some temp swings on the burn in. Sometimes it is just the controller getting settled in, other times it is something that needs to be addressed. The best thing to do is try a cook (something fairly fast, not a brisket or pork butt) and see how it behaves. If temp swings continue call customer service, they are great at helping people through any issues.

@geauxfish24 welcome. I have read about several people on this forum who have had some temp swings on the burn in. Sometimes it is just the controller getting settled in, other times it is something that needs to be addressed. The best thing to do is try a cook (something fairly fast, not a brisket or pork butt) and see how it behaves. If temp swings continue call customer service, they are great at helping people through any issues.
Thanks for the reply. What would you suggest cooking out of the gate? Chicken thighs maybe?

I did chicken thighs but anything fatty that doesn’t take 12 hours of steady temps to cook would be good. Chicken does’t take long but you’ll be able to keep an eye on those temps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back