New to Pallet Grilling

Brushbuster

I’ve done a lot of research on pellet grills and after two weeks of reading I’ve decided to get a Rec Tec. I’m having a hard time on deciding which model to buy. My choices are either the Trailblazer or the Stampede. It is just the wife and I so I’m leaning towards the Trailblazer. My main concern is can the Trailblazer cook a whole turkey or brisket? I will be using this year around in northern Minnesota. My thoughts are the smaller Trailblazer would fit my needs with the addition of the optional upper rack. Positive comments appreciated.

@Brushbuster welcome to Rec Tec Forum and thanks for joining our lil community!

If it was me I would probably go with the Rec Tec Stampede for two reasons, the first being the bigger hopper which will allow you to do longer cooks - which comes in handy for smoking.

The second reason would be for the extra room. 90% of the time when I use my Bull it's just for me, the wife and our two kids. But there are those weekends we might have several other people over for small get togethers and having the extra room to cook more food at once is nice. For me it's nicer to have the extra room and not always need it, then to wish I had the extra room when I do need it.

If you don't care about the ability to do longer cooks without having to refill your hopper more often or don't think we'll ever need the extra room then the Trailblazer would be a fine choice. Otherwise I'd go Stampede.

One of my friends just got the Stampede. I personally wouldn't go any smaller. It gives you the option to do more than just your main course. I agree with Mike about the hopper size and the extra room.

If you're looking for an independent review of the Rec Tec Stampede (RT-590) then be sure to check out the video review below.

I was really looking at the Rec Tec Stampede and the Rec Tec Bull when I was in the market for a new grill and only ended up going with the Bull due to the larger size. Otherwise, after watching the Rec Tec Stampede review video, it looks like the Stampede would be a great fit for anyone that didn't need or want the larger capacity of the Bull.

Rec Tec Stampede review

Check out the video in the Stampede Thread.

Go with the bigger option and get the Stampede. You may not think you need the room, but you will. There are just 3 people in my household, and I got the Bull. I've only done 3 cooks on it so far, but last night filled it up with a whole chicken, corn on the cob and roasting some vegetables for my wife to use in a salad recipe. For dessert, I threw in a pan with a dozen cookies after the chicken came out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back