New Stampede this Saturday

Mikeonthelake

Picking up my new Stampede at Rec Teq this Saturday. They're only about 90 minutes from my lake place where the Stampede will live. Pretty excited about this and it will pair nicely with my older Weber Genesis gas grill up there. Will assemble it Saturday as well and break it in. I have a marinated tritip for my 1st cook on it Saturday. Lots of ideas circling in my head for what I want to cook next, but can't decide. Leaning toward a few racks of ribs.

Congratulations on the upcoming purchase! We have a Stampede and a Weber Genesis as well, a great pairing like you said. Our Genesis has been rock solid for over 6yrs, and while we've only had the Stampede for a few months...I have no doubt it will serve us just as well.

Picked up the grill this morning. Went to the showroom 1st. Bought a few jars of rub, a mesh mat and bloody mary mix. Rec Tec threw in a 40 lb bag of pellets. Really unexpected and very much appreciated! Took about 40 minutes to unbox and assemble the grill and a whole minute to connect it to my WiFi. It is seasoning right now and holding temp at 400. So far I'm impressed! Can't wait to put the tritip on later.

Attachments

• 20200808_101222_HDR.jpg
    20200808_101222_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
  • 20200808_103202.jpg
    20200808_103202.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
  • 20200808_152038_HDR.jpg
    20200808_152038_HDR.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 73
Picked up the grill this morning. Went to the showroom 1st. Bought a few jars of rub, a mesh mat and bloody mary mix. Rec Tec threw in a 40 lb bag of pellets. Really unexpected and very much appreciated! Took about 40 minutes to unbox and assemble the grill and a whole minute to connect it to my WiFi. It is seasoning right now and holding temp at 400. So far I'm impressed! Can't wait to put the tritip on later.
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new RT-590, I'm jealous you live so close to recteq.

Congrats

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new RT-590, I'm jealous you live so close to recteq.
Thanks! When I ordered the Stampede, I did not realize how close RecTeq is to my lakehouse. I was able to change the order to a pick-up last Monday. They were very accommodating. It was 1 hour 15 minutes drive there and the same back. I may have been driving a wee bit over the speed limit. 😁

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back