New Stampede owner

Copiahdad

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
My new Stampede is scheduled to be delivered next Tuesday. Can’t wait for it to get here. I’ve been using a Masterbuilt electric and a Brinkman offset.

I didn’t order any pellets with the 590 and I am wondering if it will come with any Rec Teq pellets?

Steven

I just ordered the other day and mine looks like it's coming Tuesday as well. From what I can tell, I don't think any pellets are included. I'm also coming from a Masterbuilt electric, so very excited for the upgrade. Know what you're doing for your first cook?

Welcome aboard. I also have an MES. You'll enjoy the RT.

Pellets aren't included unless you bought some with the cooker. You'll need to buy some. Get cooking pellets - not the kind used for home heating.

Welcome aboard. I also have an MES. You'll enjoy the RT.

Pellets aren't included unless you bought some with the cooker. You'll need to buy some. Get cooking pellets - not the kind used for home heating.

That’s what I was afraid of. I was hoping they’d send at least 20 pound bag to entice me to buy the Rec Tec pellets. I did order some Lumber Jack Competition blend that should be here next week. I’d like to try the RecTec pellets also.

Steven

I just ordered the other day and mine looks like it's coming Tuesday as well. From what I can tell, I don't think any pellets are included. I'm also coming from a Masterbuilt electric, so very excited for the upgrade. Know what you're doing for your first cook?

Honestly haven’t thought that far ahead. What about you?

Steven

That’s what I was afraid of. I was hoping they’d send at least 20 pound bag to entice me to buy the Rec Tec pellets. I did order some Lumber Jack Competition blend that should be here next week. I’d like to try the RecTec pellets also.

Steven
They're pretty clear about what's included. I don't know if they would have thrown in a bag for free if you'd asked, but at least the shipping cost would've been covered if purchased with your grill. Looks like they aren't offering the bundles currently. Many of them included pellets along with accessories at a package price.

The RT pellets are good, but for the money I preferred LJ which I could get cheaper.

My new Stampede is scheduled to be delivered next Tuesday. Can’t wait for it to get here. I’ve been using a Masterbuilt electric and a Brinkman offset.

I didn’t order any pellets with the 590 and I am wondering if it will come with any Rec Teq pellets?

Steven
No pellets included.

I used an MES for about five years until it was toast. I've had my Bull since June and really like it. LJ Competition pellets are quite good. I have used a few different LJ products, and been very pleased with them.

They're pretty clear about what's included. I don't know if they would have thrown in a bag for free if you'd asked, but at least the shipping cost would've been covered if purchased with your grill. Looks like they aren't offering the bundles currently. Many of them included pellets along with accessories at a package price.

The RT pellets are good, but for the money I preferred LJ which I could get cheaper.
Traeger pellets work better then pit boss

Yeah I saw a review of RT grills and it said the grill included pellets so it made me wonder. The LJ pellets I bought were delivered today so I’m set for my grill to be delivered.

Steven

I have used the LJ hickory for my Stampede. I am using LJ cherry in my new Bullseye burning in right now.

Yeah I saw a review of RT grills and it said the grill included pellets so it made me wonder. The LJ pellets I bought were delivered today so I’m set for my grill to be delivered.

Steven
When I was researching Rec Teq before I bought mine I saw some online reviews that both mentioned and linked to a package that you could buy on Amazon that included pellets. It would be nice if they would update those reviews because it can be confusing. They don’t sell them on Amazon any more.

Honestly haven’t thought that far ahead. What about you?

Steven

Thinking a spatchcock chicken. Should be able to pull that off after work no problem. Then doing some beef ribs this weekend. I also grabbed some of the Lumberjack comp. blend pellets and have heard good things about them. Enjoy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back