New Stampede Owner Assembly Funnies

NealNBTexas

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi All, after a few months of research, and lurking here, I decided Recteq, and the Stampede was right for me. I look forward to learning from this community and all the expertise and experience that is represented here.

I ordered mine on a Thursday, and had it by Friday the following week in central Texas. First challenge was moving it to backyard to start assembly b/c I have steps to deal with on every route there. A job best for two people but I managed on my own with my wife's supervision because she's recovering w/broken leg. :)

Of all the things I've assembled in the last 25+ years, the packaging, organization, and quality of parts was one of the most impressive I've seen. But apparently I was so overcome with the ease of putting it together I made two major mistakes. First, I mounted the larger wheels improperly, facing to the inside of the frame , and after I fixed that, I realized I'd actually put the large wheels on the wrong side altogether so they were supporting the lighter end of grill! :mad: So, in fairness, Reqteq does not actually provide idiot-proof instructions, but, if you use your head a little, and breathe, during the assembly process, you can avoid the mistakes I made. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back