Stampede New RT590...lots of frustrations...

Glad it worked out. We all strive to have 100% quality 100% of the time but every once in a while an oops happens. Enjoy your toy.

Last edited:
It's great you got it fixed quickly.

For what's it's worth and advice for a new grill owner. Executing the below steps would have diagnosed your issue before you ever attempted the burn in.
Before I ever put pellets in it, I went though all the test modes and verified everything was working.

Screen 5-1 is test mode for your auger motor. You should be able to look in your grill’s fire pot and see the
end of the auger turning very slowly.
Screen 5-2 is test mode for your grill’s ignition system. You should be able to look into grill’s fire pot and see
your ignitor begin to glow within a few minutes. DO NOT TOUCH THE IGNITOR.
Screen 5-3 is test mode for your grill’s blower fan. You should be able to hear the fan blowing.
Screen 5-4 is test mode for your grill’s Control Knob. You can turn the knob to see the 000 value increase
and decrease as you turn the knob.
Screen 5-5 is test mode for your grill’s Temperature sensor and Probe A and Probe B. You can see the temperature values for each displayed on the screen. (A value of - - - means the probe is not plugged in or the
grill’s sensor is not connected.)

Once all the tests passed, I set up the wifi and got the app to control the grill.
Then I added pellets, used the app to turn it on and do the initial burn in.

It's great you got it fixed quickly.

For what's it's worth and advice for a new grill owner. Executing the below steps would have diagnosed your issue before you ever attempted the burn in.
Before I ever put pellets in it, I went though all the test modes and verified everything was working.

Screen 5-1 is test mode for your auger motor. You should be able to look in your grill’s fire pot and see the
end of the auger turning very slowly.
Screen 5-2 is test mode for your grill’s ignition system. You should be able to look into grill’s fire pot and see
your ignitor begin to glow within a few minutes. DO NOT TOUCH THE IGNITOR.
Screen 5-3 is test mode for your grill’s blower fan. You should be able to hear the fan blowing.
Screen 5-4 is test mode for your grill’s Control Knob. You can turn the knob to see the 000 value increase
and decrease as you turn the knob.
Screen 5-5 is test mode for your grill’s Temperature sensor and Probe A and Probe B. You can see the temperature values for each displayed on the screen. (A value of - - - means the probe is not plugged in or the
grill’s sensor is not connected.)

Once all the tests passed, I set up the wifi and got the app to control the grill.
Then I added pellets, used the app to turn it on and do the initial burn in.
Hi How did u get to those screens??
Thanks Dan

Hey there...I just got my 590 about a week ago...I have had issues ever since...let me begin...

Delivered, built and excited...joined FB group and all the RecTeq groups possible...I am ready to become the next smoke master! (kidding...but atleast the cool dad on the block...maybe?)

Anyways, I start off simple, some burgers...I follow the suggested direction of placing some pellets into the burner so that the auger has a chance to feed without a burnout...check.
Next, I preset the temp...check
45 mins later...grill has varied in temp (up and down over 100 degrees) and never reached the pre-set of 400 that it was set to...No, I never opened the doors...
I finally just gave up and took the burgers inside to cook them...
later in the week, I tried to do some chicken tacos (recteq website and FB forum says they are great) and go to set the temp and wait...
45 mins later, nothing...temp hasn't moved...I cleaned out the pellet well and looked over everything and nothing...nothing has worked...

I have placed emails to RecTeq and have not heard back...I have posted in the FB forum and not heard back (posts wont even be approved by the admin)...and so now I post my frustration on here...I am not a happy camper...any help? ( I am not near RT otherwise I would have gone and talked with them directly...but I live in Belmont, NC so I cannot...)
Sorry to hear about your issues, I have used my 590 three times and its performed perfectly everytime. I did have a blemish on one of the horns, emailed them and they called me a few hours later stating they were sensdng me a new set. Have you tried emailing through the "contact us" tab on the rec tec app?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back