New RT-700 owner

Congrats & welcome! You will love the Bull.

Any reason you didn't go for the 1250?

700 big enough for me, and top of budget for my wife. :)
I have the 590 and love it. It is just my wife and I. Wait until you want a Bullseye and a Blackstone! I know have all 3, The Trinity as I like to call them, but my wife does not complain as I do much of the cooking and she loves it!!!!

Welcome, my advice is to get cooking, listen to people here and go for it!

I have the 590 and love it. It is just my wife and I. Wait until you want a Bullseye and a Blackstone! I know have all 3, The Trinity as I like to call them, but my wife does not complain as I do much of the cooking and she loves it!!!!

Welcome, my advice is to get cooking, listen to people here and go for it!
Ha. I have already been thinking about a Blackstone... mainly because we love smashburgers. But, then I thought I could probably just put a large cast iron griddle pan on the Bull while it is heating up to 450F or so, and accomplish a similar result. Lots of pellets at that temp, but a short cook. Thoughts?

You can accomplish similar results with a griddle on the Bull. There are several advantages though for a separate griddle. You can have it heating while using the Bull for low & slow cooks like reverse searing. This really speeds up cooking time but if you are not in a hurry then it will work. The Blackstone will likely get hotter as well with direct flame on the flattop. There is a built in grease drain on a Blackstone and they come in several sizes that suits you. In the end, it's how you do your grilling and what you feel you need. I look at it as a tool and to have the right tool for the job is helpful.

Ha. I have already been thinking about a Blackstone... mainly because we love smashburgers. But, then I thought I could probably just put a large cast iron griddle pan on the Bull while it is heating up to 450F or so, and accomplish a similar result. Lots of pellets at that temp, but a short cook. Thoughts?
I just did smash burgers on grill grates at 450 with my rt700. Fantastic. I smashed them down before going on grill because of the sear grate holes, but someone said I didn't need to do that. Easy either way

The one thing I have learned over the last year is one grill will not do all well, although there are more options. I love my 590 for low and slow, makes the best ribs, briskets etc cant beat it.

My Bullseye is awesome for more direct heat grilling, and we still do smashburgers on the Bullseye. Cooks everything else well, Salmon, Chicken etc..

I really wanted a Blackstone for breakfast and things like fried rice etc.

Last weekend smoked ribs on the 590, they were PERFECT!!!!

Then cooked Salmon, veggies and fried rice on the Blackstone, PERFECT!!!

Did cook omelets and hashbrowns on the Blackstone as well, that is why I bought.

Pancakes Saturday for my little Granddaughter.

The one thing I have learned over the last year is one grill will not do all well, although there are more options. I love my 590 for low and slow, makes the best ribs, briskets etc cant beat it.

My Bullseye is awesome for more direct heat grilling, and we still do smashburgers on the Bullseye. Cooks everything else well, Salmon, Chicken etc..

I really wanted a Blackstone for breakfast and things like fried rice etc.

Last weekend smoked ribs on the 590, they were PERFECT!!!!

Then cooked Salmon, veggies and fried rice on the Blackstone, PERFECT!!!

Did cook omelets and hashbrowns on the Blackstone as well, that is why I bought.

Pancakes Saturday for my little Granddaughter.
100% agree and that sounds fantastic. I broke down and added a Blackstone to the family. Love my new triple setup. Weber Genesis, Blackstone, and never last The Bull rt700 with the BFG heart.

Attachments

• 20211016_132639.jpg
    20211016_132639.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 92
100% agree and that sounds fantastic. I broke down and added a Blackstone to the family. Love my new triple setup. Weber Genesis, Blackstone, and never last The Bull rt700 with the BFG heart.

Awesome looking setup there!

Really nice setup!

Since we moved we have a much smaller house with a smaller back patio, wife is pushing me to set up some kind of grilling area or outdoor kitchen! I have the trio,590, Bullseye and Blackstone.
All ideas are welcome!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back