New RT-700 Owner To Be!

Djmthr33

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
What’s the vibes everyone?! You know, to my surprise, the wifey encouraged this purchase! Put my order in this past Friday and should be here by the end of the week! I went to my local The Restaurant Store in Lancaster, PA and picked up 6 20lb bags of Bear Mountain wood pellets and got them for under $60. 😃 Can’t wait to get it assembled and do the first couple of cooks. Chicken thighs, then straight to a big boy brisket! If anyone here lives in the northeast, any advice on care of the grill? Mine is going to be outside, with the cover.
27FA2464-1228-47DA-B092-6ED7A4A76B05.png

Congrats! Great choice for a pellet grill/smoker. Good buy on the pellets, but I would be careful with the Mesquite; they can be a little overpowering for some folks. I would start out with the Hickory (my favorite) or the Gourmet Blend. Good luck.

Thanks, Jim! I’ll keep that in mind for the Mesquite. I got that, Hickory and Gourmet Blend. Let’s see how it turns out!

Congrats and welcome! Watch for end of season deals later this year at The Restaurant Store. Last year (Aug Sep?) they had a sale $6.99 per 20 lb bag of Bear Mountain.

As for care, outside covered works. I'm not a perfectionist re the cosmetics on the exterior. Inside, clean the ash out of the fire pot every four or five cooks and run the pellets through every four or five bags of pellets to clean out the pellet dust.

I foil the drip pan and replace that after every cook. If you haven't already, The Restaurant Store sells HD foil 18" wide by 500' rolls. And I line the drip bucket with foil as well.

You're gonna be looking for reasons to use that Bull more than you expect. Enjoy!

Congrats and welcome! Watch for end of season deals later this year at The Restaurant Store. Last year (Aug Sep?) they had a sale $6.99 per 20 lb bag of Bear Mountain.

As for care, outside covered works. I'm not a perfectionist re the cosmetics on the exterior. Inside, clean the ash out of the fire pot every four or five cooks and run the pellets through every four or five bags of pellets to clean out the pellet dust.

I foil the drip pan and replace that after every cook. If you haven't already, The Restaurant Store sells HD foil 18" wide by 500' rolls. And I line the drip bucket with foil as well.

You're gonna be looking for reasons to use that Bull more than you expect. Enjoy!
Thanks, Lager! You're in my neck of the woods! I'm in York, PA! Awesome! Yeah, my stainless steel Weber kinda has a nervous look on his face. LMAO. Hopefully I can spread the love, but with all the capabilities of the Bull, I'm not so sure about that. Haha. Thanks so much for the guidance on care too!

Just a use a large mouth ball jar in the bucket. Place it as far as it will go toward the barrel. I just remove lid and place it in the open space during each cook. After cook just screw it on and the raccoons and rodents can’t get to it. When bottle is filled it is easy to toss and replace. No mess in bucket. Disposable bucket liners won’t keep varmints from getting to the grease.

Just a use a large mouth ball jar in the bucket. Place it as far as it will go toward the barrel. I just remove lid and place it in the open space during each cook. After cook just screw it on and the raccoons and rodents can’t get to it. When bottle is filled it is easy to toss and replace. No mess in bucket. Disposable bucket liners won’t keep varmints from getting to the grease.
Why didn't I think of that 🤔

I do similar but use pickle jars etc, using our Ball jars is the kiss of death at my place. 😆

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back