New RT-700 arriving soon!

Dojo

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My new bull will be arriving in the next few days just in time for below zero windchill here in Iowa! It's going to be hard waiting for the weather to straighten out a bit to burn it in and start cooking. I've been lurking here for a few weeks and have read some great information from all of you here. I'm looking forward to reading more, sharing experiences, and maybe picking your brains if needed.

My new bull will be arriving in the next few days just in time for below zero windchill here in Iowa! It's going to be hard waiting for the weather to straighten out a bit to burn it in and start cooking. I've been lurking here for a few weeks and have read some great information from all of you here. I'm looking forward to reading more, sharing experiences, and maybe picking your brains if needed.
Timing is everything, enjoy!!!!

Congrats!! You will be very pleased with your decision. Enjoy & Welcome!

I’m getting close to ordering a bull. Trying to time the end of winter here in Chicago burbs. How long from order to arrival will it be?

I’m getting close to ordering a bull. Trying to time the end of winter here in Chicago burbs. How long from order to arrival will it be?
On the website, they said anything ordered after a certain date in December wouldn't be shipped until mid February. I ordered on January 7, after the December date, and I got a shipping notice just under a week ago. So, it looks like they are ahead of their expected ship dates for the 700.

Welcome to the forum, there is some good reading on here as you said.
I'm kinda in the same boat, my RT-700 arrived this Wednesday around 1 pm.
I had to meet the driver & we offload it from his truck onto mine & then got it assembled & finished getting it burned in right before the lowest temps for the evening started happening :)
What I was pleasantly surprised about was how quick it was on it's initial start-up & how it smoothly climbed to 400 degrees within 34 minutes & stayed rock solid for the 1 hour burn-in.

The 700 arrived today. Everything was in great shape, well almost. Packaging was perfect with zero damage or dents in any box. I took out the side shelf to attach it and noticed the LCD screen was damaged. I went ahead with assembly, and everything fit well went together smoothly. I will contact Rec Teq tomorrow for a fix. I'm positive they will make it right after reading about their customer service. It's -25° windchill tonight with no warm up in sight for more than a week. My patience to burn it in and cook with it won't be tested with this weather!

Attachments

• 1612836575183_20210208_191118.jpg
    1612836575183_20210208_191118.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
They will definitely take care of you but man that sucks. Hopefully they will overnight the replacement.

Not even a worry.. they will make that right for sure. At least she is in! Congrats

I emailed recteq last night with a photo of the controller, the same one I posted here. Michael called me right away this morning to tell me that a new one is on the way. Wow, that was a fast response and easy conversation. I was sold on RecTeq through Internet research. I was sold on RecTeq after assembling the grill and seeing the quality. I am really sold on RecTeq after this experience with customer service. I am sure I will be sold on them once I get to cooking. I made the right choice in grills!

I can appreciate the anticipation of all rectec purchasers that are waiting for that big truck to pull up and unload their RT-700. I have been using a highly modified Bradley (outboard PID controller and extra 500 watt element) at my home in WI, and a 40" Masterbuilt here in AZ until recently when my load center needed to be replaced, and somehow the electricians managed to step up their game and give me 240 VAC in a 120 VAC outlet at my outdoor kitchen. The Masterbuilt didn't survive nor did the mini fridge. I liked the Masterbuilt except for the fact that it wouldn't go over about 275 degrees. That shouldn't be an issue for the RT-700, and besides I also have a Bull gas grill in the outdoor kitchen for searing. Now I just have to be patient till the 18th when the RT-700 makes it presence known. In the mean time I am ordering rubs, pellets, and other "must haves". I have a four rib prime that is patiently waiting in the freezer. Gotta say, this is a great forum.

Still waiting for my new controller! Recteq shipped it on February 10. The tracking number shows it's still in transit. I'm sure it is stuck down south somewhere due to the winter weather down there. I wonder if power outages etc have really slowed USPS deliveries. More importantly, I pray that all of you in The South are safe. Up north we are prepared for this weather since it's normal. Down there, I understand the difficulties since this is not anywhere near normal for you. Things looked devastating on the news. Again, prayers for you all.

I emailed recteq last night with a photo of the controller, the same one I posted here. Michael called me right away this morning to tell me that a new one is on the way. Wow, that was a fast response and easy conversation. I was sold on RecTeq through Internet research. I was sold on RecTeq after assembling the grill and seeing the quality. I am really sold on RecTeq after this experience with customer service. I am sure I will be sold on them once I get to cooking. I made the right choice in grills!
I had some issues and RT made it right. That seems to be the general consensus across the board.

The new controller arrived today. It was an easy install, and it works! I had zero issues hooking up the wifi. I'm doing the burn in right now, and contrary to what some have said, I like the app. I think it's intuitive, easy to read and adjust, and really is working well in all areas of my house and property. And, the alarm worked when it got to 400°. I'm going to like this! I think chicken thighs will be my first cook just like the video shows. Not that I think I need to follow their example, but damn, that sounded good! That will be tomorrow's dinner. Too much other s@#t to do today.

Did my first cook tonight, chicken thighs, because the video from RecTeq recommended that, and it sounded good. Everything worked like a champ! The rub was fantastic! I used paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and brown sugar. It gave a nice sweet heat. My probes pretty much matched my Thermoworks Smoke and Thermapen. If I would do one thing different, it would have been to reverse sear the thighs. Now, on to meats that I really like, and I love to smoke and grill! Thanks for giving me a venue to share my thoughts and short journey to my first cook on this amazing pellet grill. I can tell already that I will love it, and I will be using it more than I did my propane and charcoal smokers. It could become a serious addiction, more so than I already had. Now, I will fade into the background here, read, learn, and share anything that I think others may benefit from when those occasions arise.

Attachments

• 20210223_183553.jpg
    20210223_183553.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 53
  • 20210223_183844.jpg
    20210223_183844.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 54
Check yourself in now.. it has started to set in!

Looks amazing & congrats! Thanks for sharing.. I will never stop learning with all this info :).

Check yourself in now.. it has started to set in!

Looks amazing & congrats! Thanks for sharing.. I will never stop learning with all this info :).
Looks great!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back