Stampede New rt-590 in the rain?

There are not any pics of the grill with the "new" vents. Just openings in the back that they have always had. No vents sold under accessories.
I am talking about the new model stock 590 vents. They changed them to try and keep water from getting in.

Hello everyone, I always assumed the rain guards were for the accidental getting caught in the rain? Would anyone try to grill in the rain on purpose?
My RTs never get wet, just asking?
Thanks

Hello everyone, I always assumed the rain guards were for the accidental getting caught in the rain? Would anyone try to grill in the rain on purpose?
My RTs never get wet, just asking?
Thanks
Since it's a smoker with low and slow cooking, there a chance it could get rained on during a long duration cook. I wheel mine under my gazebo if there's a chance of rain.

Would anyone try to grill in the rain on purpose?
Yes, I grill when I want to grill regardless of the weather. These grills will take the rain no problem. I cover mine for the most part when I‘m not using them, but they have sat out for several days straight in rainy periods uncovered and I’ve not had any problems with rust or damp pellets. Several members here have stated they leave their recteq outside, uncovered, all year long.

My grill has gotten wet numerous time without an issue cooking or not. I did add the vent covers to mine as it is the older model. The vent covers prevent a couple of issues. 1 is rain getting in the grill, the other is bird excrement. I saw a picture of a pork butt getting hit by a bird a couple of hours away from finish.

My grill has gotten wet numerous time without an issue cooking or not. I did add the vent covers to mine as it is the older model. The vent covers prevent a couple of issues. 1 is rain getting in the grill, the other is bird excrement. I saw a picture of a pork butt getting hit by a bird a couple of hours away from finish.
If you buy the model RT-590 that has the 3 back vents you can have mine. I bought their special rain vent when I first got the 590 about a year ago. I no longer need them, I converted to the smoke stack vent. Just pay the freight and they’re yours.

Attachments

• 2E5E17E8-FBEC-4F03-9761-2697B65CD5A1.jpeg
    2E5E17E8-FBEC-4F03-9761-2697B65CD5A1.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 135

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back