Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Trailblazer
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
Just as a FYI, recteq has started requiring that RT-340s be ordered with a pellet bundle, for a package price of $779.00 Some are suggesting on the recteq FB pages that this is a shipping issue, that there are too many damage claims due to shipping damage with the grill alone via ‘fill in the blank’ shipping company. With the pellet bundle, the new package must ship on a pallet via truck freight.

https://www.recteq.com/RT-340-Wood-Pellet-Grill-Pellet-Bundle

Just as a FYI, recteq has started requiring that RT-340s be ordered with a pellet bundle, for a package price of $779.00 Some are suggesting on the recteq FB pages that this is a shipping issue, that there are too many damage claims due to shipping damage with the grill alone via ‘fill in the blank’ shipping company. With the pellet bundle, the new package must ship on a pallet via truck freight.

https://www.recteq.com/RT-340-Wood-Pellet-Grill-Pellet-Bundle
Okay, I give up, is this a marketing thing or something else?? Maybe a way to get rid of pellets??

Okay, I give up, is this a marketing thing or something else?? Maybe a way to get rid of pellets??
First, let me say that sometimes I have some info that may be informed by other info and sometimes I have no clue. In this case, I have no clue. If any company has an issue with shipping damage claims, I would hope that they a) take it up with the shipper, or b) package their stuff better. Having said that, I don’t think it has anything to do with getting rid of pellets.

Seems like the movie theater tactic of having the large (RT-700), medium (RT-540), and small (RT-340) relatively close in price to trick people into buying the large to 'get a better value'.

I tried to order a 340 w/o the pellets, the phone guy said no can do. I wrote a somewhat nastygram email to complain and the reply was basically that they had had major shipping damage with UPS. Thus having to add weight to go freight. Not sure I understand, but seems plausible. Could of ordered the 340 with pellets and sold them on evilbay, but decided to go with the 590 instead.

Actually there may be something to the number of issues with using standard shipping companies. I've heard horror stories here on the site from time to time about what the packaging looked like when their RT340 arrived. Mine arrived in perfect shape, but I had also bought #200 of pellets offered last May 20% off, so mine was shrink wrapped on a pallet and brought to my garage by a freight company. One of my buddies bought just a RT340 in December (no pellets) and arrived by a standard shipping company and he said it's a good thing it's packaged well b/c the box it came in was shredded. Thankfully his didn't have any scratches or mechanical issues. My 2 cents... can you really go wrong with buying the pellets? You gotta have'm anyway. ;) I assume there is a minimum weight for using a freight company?

UPS put $6 worth of tape on mine. Looked like intentional grounding.! LOL. I was able to re-bend the lid. Rectec said if I had any issues with it they would send a new lid.

Attachments

• image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 132
Actually there may be something to the number of issues with using standard shipping companies. I've heard horror stories here on the site from time to time about what the packaging looked like when their RT340 arrived. Mine arrived in perfect shape, but I had also bought #200 of pellets offered last May 20% off, so mine was shrink wrapped on a pallet and brought to my garage by a freight company. One of my buddies bought just a RT340 in December (no pellets) and arrived by a standard shipping company and he said it's a good thing it's packaged well b/c the box it came in was shredded. Thankfully his didn't have any scratches or mechanical issues. My 2 cents... can you really go wrong with buying the pellets? You gotta have'm anyway. ;) I assume there is a minimum weight for using a freight company?

No real minimum weight for freight, pyrotechnics for example ship freight rather than UPS/FedEx/USPS and depending upon what you've ordered a pallet doesn't weigh all that much.

Estes handled mine. Pallet came broken. A few bags of pellets were torn and taped, with some pellets certainly having leaked out.

The grill itself was good.
PXL_20210312_154043074.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back